Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB cable repair

Options
  • 26-02-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung YP R1 that I got years ago, and the actual USB cable part has snapped, and wires are exposed, is there anywhere anyone knows of that do repairs like this in Dublin City centre?
    I have tried a few Chinese places, and they cant help, and Samsung don't do the cables anymore.

I did order a replacement from ABC products, but it doesn't recognise being plugged it to a mains or computer :mad: AND the cable drains the battery instead of charging it...:confused:

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful, Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

What about soldering a new usb plug instead the old one? Anyone familiar with soldering should be able to do it in a few minutes.

Advertisement