Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong speed on tomtom

Options
  • 13-11-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭

When I'm on a road near where i live my tomtom won't go over 88kph even when going faster.
    Also if i slow down to say 30kph the satnav is reading 74kph.
    It seems to be working ok everywhere else but i don't have it long so i'm not sure.
    It happens everytime on this road without fail.
    Anyone know why it's happening or if there's a fix:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could be a reception issue. Do you have another unit to compere it with ?
    Where is the road? I would love to test it on a few devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Could be a reception issue. Do you have another unit to compere it with ?
    Where is the road? I would love to test it on a few devices?

I have Navigon on my phone so I checked with that.
    Both were reading the same speed untill I got on this road and the Tomtom went down to 69kph(worse than usual) and the Navigon stayed at 100kph.

Also, it still warns me if I go over the speed limit even though it may say I am doing around 80kph.
    The road is outside Youghal,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near there. However can you PM me a more precise location and I'll run a few simulations.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near there. However can you PM me a more precise location and I'll run a few simulations.

That would be great!
    Thanks for your time!
    I'll pm you!

Thank you.
    I'll let you know how I get on.
    If I find something reproduceable I'll get it over to TomTom.

• Advertisement

Thank you.
    I'll let you know how I get on.
    If I find something reproduceable I'll get it over to TomTom.

Sound!!

Advertisement