Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler installation gone wrong.

• 18-12-2014 7:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm in the right place to post this query... and I'm asking on behalf of a friend.

His boiler packed in a week or so ago so he got a new one installed yesterday. However he's not happy with the job as at the moment there is a bit of a hole in the wall where some wall tiles were broken and pipes are sticking out 4 cm from the wall. The old boiler was very neat with no pipes sticking out.

He's already paid around 70% of the total cost and is expecting the installer back today to discuss fixing things up but he feels the guy is trying to wriggle out of it.

What I'm asking is do you think it would be possible to recess those pipes (I know, probably hard to say without more detail and photos) into the wall?

And is the installer obliged to fix up the wall and the tiles to the way they were before?

He's very upset about it all (personal reasons for this that I won't go into) and is considering asking the guy to take out the boiler and refund him but I doubt that would be an option. Any advice appreciated. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

any photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sorry, no, I'l see can he send me some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

it needs pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sorry, he couldn't manage any photos but the problem is being resolved. The boiler guy came back and is going to knock into the wall to recess the pipes and then fix up the wall and tiles.

Thanks for reading.... :)

Advertisement