Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iqon laptop replacement keyboard

Options
  • 24-02-2007 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I recently purchased an Iqon laptop model LM7WM from Tesco in the UK. Unfortunately my toddler son managed to damage the keyboard, to such an extent that I require a replacement keyboard.

I am not looking for any warranty claim, I just want to purchase a replacement keyboard.

I have found it impossible to contact Iqon (have they gone out of business?) and have also been unable to find anyone who sells Iqon keyboards.

I have a friend who can install it for me and he also made a note of the numbers underneath the keyboard. They are as follows:

Iqon model LM7WM
    K022405E4 UK V00-2
    71-31737-75
    C37750622080871

Does anyone know where I can get this replacement keyboard from? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Iqon Support Site

May or may not be useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paddys_Da

Thanks hopeful, I have tried to contact them several times but both emails and phone calls go unanswered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pcworker

I am having the same problem trying to find one, if I do find one I will contact you could you please do the same for me. Please PM me.

Iqon model LM7WM
    K022405E4 UK V00-2
    71-31737-75
    C37750622080871

Does anyone know where I can get this replacement keyboard from? Any help would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 morty2

hi,im just wondering did ye find replacement keyboard for this laptop as im also looking for 1?thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

This is the company that actually manufactured the most of the Iqon laptops.

www.everex.com

You might have better luck trying to source parts through their name. The model number you listed is actually theirs, not Iqons. You should find it listed on the Everex support site.

www.everex.com/support/support.htm

• Advertisement

hi mate,thanks for ur reply ive already contacted that company they have the replacement keyboard but will only ship to united states,thanks for your help...martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tortoiseface

I too have had the misfortune of spilling a cuppa on the keypad of the lm7w and after weeks searching for this annoyingly elusive product i have located a US supplier, shipping is almost as much as the product mind!

Link below

http://www.wholesalelaptopbattery.com/LAPTOP+KEYBOARDS/MSI/OTHER/LAPTOP+KEYBOARD+FOR+IQON+K022405E4+LM7WM+C37750622080871.html

hi,thanks for the link i got a friend of mine who's living in the states to order one of everex for $30 including shipping to him,then he shipped it to ireland for $12 much cheaper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tortoiseface

The advantage of having a chum in the states hey! lets hope nothing else goes wrong in future with these machines cos i will probably just condemn it!

pcworker wrote: »
    I am having the same problem trying to find one, if I do find one I will contact you could you please do the same for me.
    If any of you are prepard to sell your old none working keyboards to me as I need some broken keys. Please PM me. Thank you

Iqon model LM7WM
    K022405E4 UK V00-2
    71-31737-75
    C37750622080871

Does anyone know where I can get this replacement keyboard from? Any help would be much appreciated.
    [/QUOTE].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClaudiusDrusus

Are still looking for the keyboard?

Are still looking for the keyboard?

Yes mate I am do you have one you want to sell if so how much and how do I contact you from pcworker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClaudiusDrusus

Check this up: http://www.techgenie.ie/ This company is doing the repair on Iqon machines. They also bought the assets of Iqon so you have every chance to find your keyboard there. If you find their quote too high get back to me and I might get it for you cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aidan

pcworker wrote: »
    I am having the same problem trying to find one, if I do find one I will contact you could you please do the same for me. Please PM me.

Iqon model LM7WM
    K022405E4 UK V00-2
    71-31737-75
    C37750622080871

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you still have the old one would be interetsed in h=gettig key off it

Sincerely
    Aidan Gillespie

IMACS Ltd Ireland
    Tel + +353-(0)66-976-2702
    Mobile + 353-(0)86-803-5464

Skype address: aidan.gillespie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aidan

morty2 wrote: »
    hi,im just wondering did ye find replacement keyboard for this laptop as im also looking for 1?thanks...

I wonder if you still have this keyboard. Woud be interested in getting a key from it

Sincerely
    Aidan Gillespie

IMACS Ltd Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

aidan wrote: »
    I wonder if you still have this keyboard. Woud be interested in getting a key from it

Sincerely
    Aidan Gillespie

IMACS Ltd Ireland

The post is about 9 months old,PM him instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Bye bye SPAM!

Advertisement