Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are handheld scanners any good?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

A friend of mine just asked me if i thought handheld scanner are any good, thing is - i have no idea. Apparently some guy in her workplace is a historian who photocopies loads of books in the library, but the library have stopped him because he kept breaking the spines on the books. So he considered a digital camera, but was advised the quality might not be that good (he is a total techno-phobe so teaching him the macro button might not be so easy). I have no idea what the quality of scans from handheld scanners might be like, or how easy they are to use (does your hand have to be perfectly still, are they really slow, etc). Has anyone used them, or does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Advertisement