Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PdP-8 Front Panel

Options
  • 03-11-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭

Howya's.

Anyway, I'm into my final year project right now and it' somewhat computer related. I'm building a replica front panel for a DEC PdP-8 computer, that's to interface with a master's student USB device, which connects to an emulator.

How I understand it, I have to make the panel, including blinkenlights, input switches, and controls. I just have to provide outputs to connect to the USB device.

I was wondering if any of ye out there might know anything about PDP-8's, or have some decent pictures/templates for the Front Panel. I know it's a long shot, but it's always worth a go asking.

Any information would be helpful. A .pdf of a user's manual detailing what the buttons do would be ideal! :P There's some stuff floating around the web, but it's not that helpful, and is a lot more technical than what I want I've found: http://www.pdp8online.com/query_docs/query_all.html as the best looking thing, but I have no real Idea where to start right now.

Guess I'm just spoiled by the modern stuff...

Thanks anyway.

Comments

Advertisement