Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmail - filters / spam lists

Options
  • 31-10-2008 7:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Mods; wasn't sure where this should go so move as neccessary.

I use gmail, and I'm after signing up to a subscription I want to receive every month.

The website that sends the sub says that they have had a lot of problems with their mail going into peoples spam folder and that you should add them to your filters?

I have no idea how to do this in gmail, could anyone please tell me how to add a specific email address that I can be guaranteed won't end up in my spam folder?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If you've already received an email from them and it was marked as spam, go into the spam folder and put a check next to the message and choose "not spam"

Or just add their email address to your contacts list if you want to safe list it.
    (click contacts on the left hand side, then the new contact button)

There's a handy help link in the top-right corner of the gmail window, it should answer questions like this and many more

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to comp/tech

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Add the email address as a contact. Mail from your contacts will never be marked as spam.

Advertisement