Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Clio (2011) digital trip computer fades in and off

Options
  • 22-12-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone can help please? The digital display on my 2011 Renault Clio re my trip computer / fuel consumption will light up and work for weeks on end and then will not work at all. At times it even appears to fade until you cannot read the display at all. Then it comes back - working again !! Eventually this is gonna stop working altogether, I'd imagine! I know that there is a fuse box under the steering column but I don't know how to tell if a fuse isn't working ... Or even if this is the problem? I know that "relays" can sometimes cause electrical problems with Renault cars but again how would I find this? I'm really loathe and broke to think about going to Renault to get this sorted! They will charge me way outside my budget. So I'd love if somebody could give me a few suggestions that either myself or my local neighbourhood mechanic could have a go at!! Many thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

A blown fuse would not be intermittent, if it's blown it's blown. I doubt that there would be a relay in that circuit. I would put money on slightly loose connector somewhere, or a bad solder joint in the display unit.

Is there a pattern to it working not working? Bumpy roads, long drives with heating on high (or low)? Is there any uk owners forum that might have seen this problem already?

Advertisement