Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth elm327 obd2 scanner lend in Kildare

Options
  • 21-12-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Anyone on here willing to give me a lend of one of these to check my car (206) want to get what ever is needed before Tuesday before everything is closed for Christmas

Any help would be appreciated

I'm based in monasterevin in Kildare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Anyone on here willing to give me a lend of one of these to check my car (206) want to get what ever is needed before Tuesday before everything is closed for Christmas

Any help would be appreciated

I'm based in monasterevin in Kildare

I'm in rathangan, but won't be back till Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

cletus wrote: »
    I'm in rathangan, but won't be back till Tuesday

Thank you very much ill keep you in mind if I'm not sorted by then !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

I have VCDS (which is a VW/Audi specific diagnostic software) but it has an OBD II function on it for scanning other makes, i've never tried it on a french car but it's worked on other makes. I'm based on the Curragh and i'm willing to try scan it for you if you want to travel up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

tossy wrote: »
    I have VCDS (which is a VW/Audi specific diagnostic software) but it has an OBD II function on it for scanning other makes, i've never tried it on a french car but it's worked on other makes. I'm based on the Curragh and i'm willing to try scan it for you if you want to travel up.

Thanks but unfortunately what ever sensor is gone means it won't fire up and I have no way to transport the car :/

Is it a hand held or is it one for the laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Thanks but unfortunately what ever sensor is gone means it won't fire up and I have no way to transport the car :/

Is it a hand held or is it one for the laptop ?

That's a pain alright, It's a lead that plugs into my laptop.

I've no problem travelling down but unfortunately i'm not around or free to travel until tomorrow evening after 6.30/7. which leaves you only 1 day to pick up the pieces you'd need. If you are still stuck tomorrow PM me and i'll travel down after work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement