Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Silencer Repair with Gun Gum and the NCT

Options
  • 17-12-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I have a 2000 Renault Clio. There is a rust hole where the pipe from the engine side enters the rear silencer. The car has failed the NCT because of this. Is it acceptable to the NCT to repair this using the likes of Gun Gum?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i've passed with gun gum style repairs before. once you aren't taking the piss (as in the rest of the system isn't totally rotten) it'l be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stoger

If its the back box your talking about you get one for around 60 euro or less

• Registered Users Posts: 20 timberzz

Thanks Stoger, a new box might be the safest approach long term. The car had a second failure because the high level brake light was not working. I was amazed to find it's not repairable and a new item costs €60 from Renault. Anyway, i opened it up and found corroded connectors on the pcb. I cleaned these and added a touch of conductive grease - bingo - working again!

Advertisement