Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

So good news here. Just had a private scan and heartbeat present and measuring perfect for my dates. Very relieved after my miscarraige in March. Can start actually thinking about and planning for the baby now.

Hope everyone is well. I've had desperate nausea..all bloody day long 😕 I've put on 9lbs already cos the only way to get relief from the nausea is to eat carbs. I'm gonna turn into a slice of batch bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Panic Much

So good news here. Just had a private scan and heartbeat present and measuring perfect for my dates. Very relieved after my miscarraige in March. Can start actually thinking about and planning for the baby now.

Hope everyone is well. I've had desperate nausea..all bloody day long 😕 I've put on 9lbs already cos the only way to get relief from the nausea is to eat carbs. I'm gonna turn into a slice of batch bread!

Congrats! Can I ask how many weeks you are? I'm going for early scan this week too but I'll only be 6wks3days so I know it might be early to see a heartbeat. I also had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in Dec and my symptoms have been fluctuating to the point now they're neatly non existent so hoping scan will offer some reassurance.

Panic Much wrote: »
    Congrats! Can I ask how many weeks you are? I'm going for early scan this week too but I'll only be 6wks3days so I know it might be early to see a heartbeat. I also had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in Dec and my symptoms have been fluctuating to the point now they're neatly non existent so hoping scan will offer some reassurance.

Hi, I was 9 weeks yesterday. I could have had the scan last week but I purposely booked it for 9 weeks as that was the point I found out I'd miscarried in March. it was hard to wait but it felt like a milestone passed to see the heartbeat today. Good luck with your scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

8 weeks today, my first appointment isn't for another two weeks!! made an appointment with private consultant in the coombe but should I be on to the main hospital as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yeah I'm absolutely petrified over how ill cope. But I'm sure when it happens I'll just manage,I'll just have to. Lol

I'm glad your mind is at ease now typer,the stress is never good for bubs.

ive lost two pounds but can feel mmy shape changing

No nausea yet .I had none on my son,and plenty on my daughter so I wonder will this be a boy too//? Hmmm

• Advertisement

Aaaaaagh..I'm so nauseous that I actually feel like crying at the moment :(

It's just bloody relentless..and horrible..and turning me into a no-craic moan-bag.

Feic off nausea

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Panic Much

Aaaaaagh..I'm so nauseous that I actually feel like crying at the moment :(

It's just bloody relentless..and horrible..and turning me into a no-craic moan-bag.

Feic off nausea

In a weird way, I envy you so much. All my symptoms have disappeared which has me worried something is wrong. I had a few waves of nausea up until last week but was never that bad. Breasts are tender every now and then but that's it. Going for early scan tmrw as I had a missed miscarriage in Dec. Only sign was symptoms stopped. Praying it hasn't happened again. I'd love to have my head down a toilet at least then I'd know everythings ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Best of luck with scan. I'm seven weeks today with first pregnancy. Only slight nausea but incredibly sore breasts and lots of tiredness. Not due a scan til six more weeks when the regular twelve week scan. My friend recently had missed miscarriage found at the twelve week scan so guess I don't really feel it's all that real until get to that stage. The secrecy is killing me. I dont like secrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rozmiss

10 weeks today.... Been stalking this thread, but was afraid to join and jinx us.

Had a scan today and baby all good :)

We have a 13 yr old son (been TTC a while!). So excited we have not got to 10 wk before. Fingers crossed.

My symptoms except boobs and tiredness are non existent... Keeping me worried. Don't think we will tell anyone for a while, just in case

Went and got early scan as just didn't feel real. Confirmed there's a baby in there, where he's supposed to be, right size and good heart beat so maybe it'll be a bit more real now.

Anyone else got almost permanently erect nipples? It's a pain and so conscious of it in work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Went and got early scan as just didn't feel real. Confirmed there's a baby in there, where he's supposed to be, right size and good heart beat so maybe it'll be a bit more real now.

Anyone else got almost permanently erect nipples? It's a pain and so conscious of it in work!

Got an early scan on Saturday too and all is well, I'm so relieved.
    I noticed the nipple thing in work yesterday- morto! Anyone else waking up a few times at night? It's so hot and uncomfortable so it's hard to get back to sleep- I'm totally knackered.

Glad your scan was ok Mommafitz

I'm wrecked too, the heat is killing me at night. Felt like a cranky toddler in work today, too tired to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

Having my 1st scan in 2 days time, will be over 13 wks pregnant. To say I am nervous is an understatement. I am going to be a blubbering mess. Had a lot of scans and tests with my last baba and it has made me so nervous. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me.

Ten weeks now. Have scan in rotunda in three weeks. Had one three weeks ago but anxious enough again. I'm sure all fine in there, and already showing, although probably mostly just bloat not baby!

Good luck ladies with your scan. Fingers crossed for both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Am going to join this tread at last! Had a scan today at 10 weeks. Was too impatient to wait any longer. It seems so much more real now after seeing baby and hearing the heartbeat. Am now just hoping that the morning (all day) sickness and tiredness wear off soon!

Welcome Cakerbaker and congrats!

Had my booking appointment on Tuesday. Turns out because my daughter was a big one (almost 10lbs) that I have to have a gestational diabetes test at 26 weeks. Doesn't sound like a Barrell of laughs. Have to go in fasting since midnight and have 3 lots of blood taken at hourly intervals having drank lucozade. Hopefully it's negative. The threat of it might cop me on though cos I've put on a stone already at 12 weeks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blue star

Hey ladies, hope you're all well. Iv my first scan in coomhe with first baby. What should I expect to happen..? Nervous and excited thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

blue star wrote: »
    Hey ladies, hope you're all well. Iv my first scan in coomhe with first baby. What should I expect to happen..? Nervous and excited thanks in advance

Well I go to limerick and this is my second baby. For me they took blood pressure, bloods, weight and tested a urine sample. They also ask u details about u, ur partner and family medical history. Then for the scan u just lie there with a full bladder and get to see ur little one on screen. In limerick the scan part is very fast and they usually give u 3 or 4 scan pics. Not sure what else to tell u. I'm sure diff hospitals might have diff ways of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blue star

Thank u ourmanis :)

• Advertisement

Hi blue star I'm in holles St but Is pretty much what ourmaris says above. They also take you through the bf questionnaires.q

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I have my first appointment with Holles St next week. I was wondering if partners come to these appointments or if there's any need? I know he'd like to but at the same time I don't want him wasting time off work if he's just going to have sitting in a waiting room for ages!

Just for the scan, that's the most exciting part

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

Cakerbaker my husband came to the first apt for our first. It was hours of waiting around but worth it for the first look and first listen to the heartbeat-he was all teary! He didn't come to them all after that but I think he was glad he made the effort for that one.

My dad actually came to one of my scan on the last pregnancy, he'd never seen one before and was tearing too. He still goes on about it now. Its such a magical thing tho to see your little person for real.

I've only gotten to doc to confirm my pregnancy hopefully I'm not too long waiting for first app.

Is anyone else sporting a bump yet??

Most definitely sporting a bump..there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant anyway. I wasn't this size at 20 weeks on my daughter. I've been in my maternity jeans about 3 weeks now. I guess after your first, your stomach muscles don't put up as much resistance!:D

I suppose I should have expected it .But I don't want to be telling people until after the scan, but my bellys not co operating. What age is your first?

She's 2 and a half. She'll be three the same week as my due date in Feb. She's such an easy child, slept all night from very early on. Hope this one follows suit or we're in for a shock!

How old is yours?

• Advertisement

10 year old and 7 months!!I'm praying this baby isgood too .

Advertisement