Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

immobiliser & handbrake cable problem

Options
  • 16-09-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I was thinking about buying a used car from a dealer down in cork. They rang me this morning and mentioned that the car that i was thinking of buying has an immobiliser problem and that it just stopped working. they took 300 off the price of the car which brought it down to been very very cheap.
    I was just wondering what does an immobiliser exactly do and how much and where can i get it fixed? Its an as is sale and had its NCT on 04/10 can this give me problems even if it has passed its nct?

Also as a totally different problem, how much would it be to get a handbrake cable and have it fitted?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

An immoboliser basically stops the engine from being started, if there is trouble with it tell them to fix it as you could get stuck at the side of the road and not be able to start your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

jonny24ie wrote: »
    An immoboliser basically stops the engine from being started, if there is trouble with it tell them to fix it as you could get stuck at the side of the road and not be able to start your car.

I asked them already and they said that they dont want to waste their time fixing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

I asked them already and they said that they dont want to waste their time fixing it
    not bothered to fix it before you buy????....
    id walk away. its a buyers market at the moment,
    plenty of other dealers etc....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Also as a totally different problem, how much would it be to get a handbrake cable and have it fitted?

WHAAAAAAT CAR :p it makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

JoeySully wrote: »
    WHAAAAAAT CAR :p it makes a difference

A 1995 Rover 620i

• Advertisement
Advertisement