Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EV SSL Cert - with whom should I register my phone number?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I'm making software where people register and even pay for services, so I got a third party SSL cert, with Comodo.

They're offering EV SSL certs (green bar in your browser and all that) as a free add on, so I thought I'd make the most of it. I have one hurdle left to jump through, verifying the phone number:
    We have been unable to verify the main phone number for your organization. In order to resolve this issue, please register your organization phone number in an online database such as dnb.com, superpages.com, yellowpages.com, bbb.org or similar source available in your geographic region, OR you may also submit a Legal Opinion or Accountant Letter verifying your phone number.

Who would you do this through? Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

We set up with Comodo as well. Just do what they suggested on one of the sites they gabe examples of. In my case, we used goldenpages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Register your business on google maps, very easy and free. Google will send you out a postcard with a code for verification. Info includes address and phone number etc.

Advertisement