Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIS processing time?

• 10-10-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I applied in mid April, and have rung up several times and at the start of September I was told that with the backlog it would be end of September, still no sign of anything or a decison so I rang again last week and they said it should be any day now and I'm still waiting and I just saw a post on Magicmum that say applications are from 1st June are now being processed.

Does that mean I am never going to hear from them, the last day on the phone they told me there is no point ringing again, I will hear from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mobilecreche

I applied for FIS at end of March.
    Heard nothing since the letter telling me that my application was received.
    Just got a phone call today.
    "Coming to visit you now. I am in your townland, which is your house?"
    Unusual or not?
    Dealing with my application this week.
    Now I have to got to go to an "interview".
    I thought that it was just a yes or no.
    Maybe it is because I have a (very) small farm.
    They want accounts for last year but they are not done yet as there is still 4 weeks left before they are due.
    Is this normal behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

10-12 week backlog. Claims and renewals from 1st August now being prosessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

loopymum wrote: »
    I applied in mid April, and have rung up several times and at the start of September I was told that with the backlog it would be end of September, still no sign of anything or a decison so I rang again last week and they said it should be any day now and I'm still waiting and I just saw a post on Magicmum that say applications are from 1st June are now being processed.

Does that mean I am never going to hear from them, the last day on the phone they told me there is no point ringing again, I will hear from them.

I'd ring them again. you're perfectly entitled to make an enquiry on the progress of your claim. I think it all depends on the person you get at the other end of the line. It might also be worth sending an email to the general email. I can't think of it but you'll find it under the contact us section of welfare.ie. I recently sent them an email and was shocked to see that I received a reply within about four days. To be honest, I never expected a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

I got a letter this morning saying I have to meet with the Social Welfare Inspector in town or else have a damn good excuse.

I am supposed to bring loads of stuff with, pretty much the same stuff I have sent off anyway.

Mobilecreche I am not the self-employed one, my partner is though. I work over the 19 hours and we have been asked for the accounts for year end 2010 which have not been prepared just yet same as you. I will bring the years before, not much else I can do.

I get the feeling we meet the qualifying criteria or else it would have been a flat no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

I got a letter this morning saying I have to meet with the Social Welfare Inspector in town or else have a damn good excuse.

I am supposed to bring loads of stuff with, pretty much the same stuff I have sent off anyway.

Mobilecreche I am not the self-employed one, my partner is though. I work over the 19 hours and we have been asked for the accounts for year end 2010 which have not been prepared just yet same as you. I will bring the years before, not much else I can do.

I get the feeling we meet the qualifying criteria or else it would have been a flat no.

If you or your partner are self employed,land owner or have rental income the claim is always sent to an inspector the first time you apply.
    A decision cant be made until the inspector see you.
    Thats what the hold up is in your claim it would be sorted now otherwise.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    If you or your partner are self employed,land owner or have rental income the claim is always sent to an inspector the first time you apply.
    A decision cant be made until the inspector see you.
    Thats what the hold up is in your claim it would be sorted now otherwise.

Thank you for that information, that is very helpful. At least I know why I am being called for the interview now.

I had the interview and it was fine to be honest, really she just went over the questions asked in the form that I had already filled in and the OH just got a draft copy of his accounts back from accountant so gave a copy of those. Very little difference from last year, I asked when I would hear back and she said she would send all the stuff back to FIS straightaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had the interview and it was fine to be honest, really she just went over the questions asked in the form that I had already filled in and the OH just got a draft copy of his accounts back from accountant so gave a copy of those. Very little difference from last year, I asked when I would hear back and she said she would send all the stuff back to FIS straightaway.

If she sends it back straightaway that claim will be processed ealy next week.

Same as that.
    Interview was fine even thought I was dreading it.
    I would rather have gone to the dentist.
    I had my accounts done for 2010 (one very late night's work) but she filled in her own form with the highlights of the income and outlays of my farm.
    She had said on the phone about bringing bank details but afterwards I realised that she never asked me during interview for them.
    I hope to report back to you what happens, unless I am too busy crying into my beer.

Hi again,

I heard nothing for two weeks after interview and then I checked my bank account and it had a large lodgement with a strange code on it.
    Hopefully, I thought that is the back money from when I applied.
    I got a letter a week later which told me that I was getting €xx FIS every Thursday paid in to my bank.
    All is well that ends well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like it, the payment should have you PPS number in it somewhere like the Children's allowance payment.

Advertisement