Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working part time

Options
  • 04-11-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm currently unemployed and have a job starting on sunday that could be full time, or part time.

What's the situation in regards to unemployment benefit? If its part time, do I just go into them on monday and ask to sign part time, or what's the situation, since I'll be working from sunday and only talking to them on monday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Hi Guys.

I'm currently unemployed and have a job starting on sunday that could be full time, or part time.

What's the situation in regards to unemployment benefit? If its part time, do I just go into them on monday and ask to sign part time, or what's the situation, since I'll be working from sunday and only talking to them on monday?

Go in on monday and tell sw you have found p/t work. You will be issued with forms for your employer to fill up. You do not say if you are on JSB or JSA if on JSA any earnings from employment will be assessed as means against you. Also be aware that your claim will be payment suspended for this transition period until sw process your casual claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

eastbono wrote: »
    Go in on monday and tell sw you have found p/t work. You will be issued with forms for your employer to fill up. You do not say if you are on JSB or JSA if on JSA any earnings from employment will be assessed as means against you. Also be aware that your claim will be payment suspended for this transition period until sw process your casual claim.

Its Jobseekers allowance I'm on currently. My payment is usually collected on a tuesday. If there's going to be a break in payments until I get my casual claim would I be better off collecting my payment on tuesday and going in then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Its Jobseekers allowance I'm on currently. My payment is usually collected on a tuesday. If there's going to be a break in payments until I get my casual claim would I be better off collecting my payment on tuesday and going in then?

You can do that but bear in mind that there may be an overpayment which sw will recoup.
    But seeing as sw is paid a week behind it may be ok. When you are on casual sunday is not counted as a work day so if you work 3 days plus sunday then you will be paid for 3 days from sw but any earnings from sunday are assessed.

Advertisement