Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Generation Kill (Blu-ray) - €15 delivered [HMV]

• 04-03-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭

Cracking value!

Watched most of this.. but never finished it. What I saw, I did really like though. It's from the creators of 'The Wire' too! ;)

Price includes delivery of £2.50.

1000157796.JPG
    Buy it @ HMV
    This gritty, seven-part miniseries chronicles the befuddling first 40 days of the Iraq war from the perspective of the Marines' First Recon Batallion. As the soldiers journey into Baghdad, they face unclear conditions and bear the often deadly brunt of misguided bureaucratic decisions. Based on Evan Wright's best-selling book, and brought to the screen by the creators of THE WIRE--David Simon and Ed Burns--GENERATION KILL's viewpoint remains firmly fixed on the ground level; rather than proselytize the show uses its large cast and broad canvas to show war in all its visceral chaos, allowing viewers the chance to take what they can from steeping themselves in the black humour and confused terror of the experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

God damn it with the Blu Ray bargains Basq, costing me a bloody fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. anyone else adding it to basket and seeing £29.99?

Fecking HMV! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Basq wrote: »
    Balls.. anyone else adding it to basket and seeing £29.99?

Fecking HMV! :mad:

Same here :( ah well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

was it a mis price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

godtabh wrote: »
    was it a mis price?
    Think so..

.. well, it was available for £12.49 from Play around Christmas time.. so it wasn't an obvious misprice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Like you have watched some of it but not all

Re-watching the wire now. On season 3 so might be my text viewing

Advertisement