Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Tank Refill Noisey After Ballcock Replacement.

• 25-11-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I have replaced a ballcock in the attic water tank. Now when the tank is refilling (e.g. after a toilet flush) the flow of water into the tank is really loud and this noise can also be heard loud coming down the pipes.

I didn't have this problem with the old ballcock which had a smaller diaphragm in the fitting (see pic). The new ballcock fitting has a longer diaphragm and I think this is causing the problem with the pressure form the mains that flows into the tank.

Old%20Fitting.jpg

The thing is the arm and ball of the ballcock allows the water to overfill (reach the extraction flow pipe) when the old fitting with the small diaphragm is installed. The arm is practically at horizontal. This I suppose is because the black rubber/white stopper (below) has to go further back to make contact with the small diaphragm.

Stopper.jpg

How can I correct this? Can I purchase a longer white stopper? Did I just buy the wrong ballcock?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Bend the arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

The bend that I would need would be so much that it would snap it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

You could just have changed the black washer, it pops out the side of the white plunger.

Advertisement