Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water to electric shower

Options
  • 26-01-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

In the big freeze a few years ago I had a pipe burst in the attic. To stop the water I turned off all the wheel stops in the hotpress (I do remember that one was off already). I fixed the pipe issue but since then had an issue with the electric shower.

Its a shower in the en-suite and was working ok for a bit. As time went on, the water pressure dropped to the point no water was coming out. I assumed it was the shower so I bought a new one. (took a while to buy it as was not working for a bit). I installed it and no water coming out of the main water feed into the shower.

I guess that one of the three stop wheels needs to be off and wondering how I figure out which one it should be, or is there something else causing the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

In the big freeze a few years ago I had a pipe burst in the attic. To stop the water I turned off all the wheel stops in the hotpress (I do remember that one was off already). I fixed the pipe issue but since then had an issue with the electric shower.

Its a shower in the en-suite and was working ok for a bit. As time went on, the water pressure dropped to the point no water was coming out. I assumed it was the shower so I bought a new one. (took a while to buy it as was not working for a bit). I installed it and no water coming out of the main water feed into the shower.

I guess that one of the three stop wheels needs to be off and wondering how I figure out which one it should be, or is there something else causing the problem.

I assume the shower is feed off the tank. The valve on the line should be open. It sounds like you have an air lock or a blockage. When you fitted the shower did you vent the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

I didn't vent the unit.
    Right just need to find out how to do that

I didn't vent the unit.
    Right just need to find out how to do that

What make shower is the unit?

Neptune, but dont think venting will solve the issue as checked and the water supply coming into the shower is dry.
    I have to go into the attic to see where its coming from. Guess its tank feed.

Will report back.

Neptune, but dont think venting will solve the issue as checked and the water supply coming into the shower is dry.
    I have to go into the attic to see where its coming from. Guess its tank feed.

Will report back.

Very important! Find out if it's fed from the tank or the mains water.
    There are two Neptune electric showers, the Solo & Exotic, both should be mains fed. Is it possible yours is fed off the tank?

If it is connected to the tank, it needs to be changed to the mains.

If you are fed off the mains: you may have two issues
    1: valve turned off
    2: blockage

There are two Neptune electric showers, the Solo & Exotic which are both mains fed. Is it possible yours is fed off the tank?

• Advertisement

Ill have a look over the weekend, its the solo I have.

Ill have a look over the weekend, its the solo I have.

If it's connected to the tank, then it's connected incorrectly & needs to be connected to the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kubo_slav

Guys I really need Your help as I have no clue what to do next.
    I was taking shower the other day and in one moment water stopped coming out. The Low Pressure light came on and that was it. Since then no water out of electric shower. After long consideration my landlord bought brand new shower. It was installed tofay and guess what? Problem remains! I cleaned the pipe from the tank to shower. Loads of sh.... came out and I know it's clean now but still it shows me low pressure. WTF is wrong?
    Please help as I'm dying to finally get a shower.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kubo_slav wrote: »
    Guys I really need Your help as I have no clue what to do next.
    I was taking shower the other day and in one moment water stopped coming out. The Low Pressure light came on and that was it. Since then no water out of electric shower. After long consideration my landlord bought brand new shower. It was installed tofay and guess what? Problem remains! I cleaned the pipe from the tank to shower. Loads of sh.... came out and I know it's clean now but still it shows me low pressure. WTF is wrong?
    Please help as I'm dying to finally get a shower.
    Thanks

What make & model was the old shower?
    What make & model is the new shower?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What make & model was the old shower?
    What make & model is the new shower?

Old shower was Mira Elite 2
    New shower is Bristan Glee 105, 10,5kw

It's just so strange that it stopped working suuddenly when I was under a shower. I thought it was a pump in MIra that's why landlord bought new one. Now water is coming out but still low pressure so no good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Did you check the tank in the attic to see if the base of tank is clean.how far from the bottom if the tank is the pipe for the shower plumbed into it.id say the pipe feeding the shower is blocked again.you need to get to the source of the problem

agusta wrote: »
    Did you check the tank in the attic to see if the base of tank is clean.how far from the bottom if the tank is the pipe for the shower plumbed into it.id say the pipe feeding the shower is blocked again.you need to get to the source of the problem

I emptied the tank and had feeding pipe cleaned up. Once I did that i opened the valve and there was a good pressure of water gushing from the pipe, but once conected to the electric shower it shows LP (low pressure) and there is barely any water coming out of the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bristan Glee 105, 10,5kw Is a rubbish shower. He should have put in a Mira Elite ST with the same power rating. Most likely the cable in the wall is 6mm. This can usually be used on showers up to 9.8KW 240V (or 9KW 230V), depending on the distance between the fuse box & the pull cord switch. For the 10.5KW you must have 10mm cable. Its dangerous otherwise.

Get the landlord to call the fool that installed it & get him back. He shouldn't have left till the shower was working correctly. It maybe that there is an airlock or something as simple as commissioning the shower. He really needs to confirm that you have 10mm cable. If not he should replace the shower with nothing more powerful than a 9.8kw 240v (9kw 230)

Ok. So my problem is solved. The idiot like landlord of mine, bought shower which is mains fed and of course here in the house it was tank fed, that's why there was no pressure. All sorted now.Thanks guys for all Your help :)

Advertisement