Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quinn released for xmas

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

HondaSami wrote: »
    It's hardly the worst thing that has happened in fairness. I don't see any harm in letting him out for the few days, he has not murdered anyone.
    He can't go to the grandchild's christening.

He's supposed to be in jail until he purges his contempt of court. He has not purged his contempt of court, so he should stay in Jail

It's as simple as that. Sean Quinn is in Jail voluntarily. He can leave whenever he wants, all he has to do is tell us where the money is. Letting him out on compassionate grounds is a complete joke. If he values his freedom more than trying to secure his ill gotten wealth, he'll be able to sign himself out of Jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

The rapist Anthony Lyons ; the middle aged man from Griffith Avenue who stalked the girl next door home, rugby tackled her to the ground & attacked her got out over five and a half years EARLY into a 6 year sentence. That is disgusting & worth starting a poll over.

Quinn; not. There are much bigger fish to fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Look very carefully at the 2% levy.... the majority of it is down to the fact that the administrators have no idea how to run an insurance company.

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/the-quinn-insurance-debacle-or-how-on-earth-have-we-ended-up-on-the-hook-for-over-e1bn-or-1-of-our-gdp/

read that article and you will see that we are getting f*cked again.Quinn is still a greedy bstard but put blame where it should be.

They had a better idea than the lying thieving batsard that ran it before them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

There is money to be made from this........

We really need to have a reality type show, where prisoners compete to get out for xmas, by doing insane challenges and members of the public can vote to see there favorite criminal get home for xmas.

You could call it "I'm a liar, cheat, law breaking, scumbag prisoner get me out of here (for xmas)."

I am sure it will make loads of money, think of the spin off shows,

"I got out for xmas, never went back"
    "I got out for xmas, crime pays"
    "I got out for xmas, robbed me some presents"

Over to you TV3.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Pal wrote: »
    You're missing the point.

Begley, admits his guilt, pays his fines and gets an unbelievable six years !

Quinn robs everyone, denies doing any wrong and gets out for Christmas.

Quinn's case is still ongoing. When the case against is finished, he may still get a longer sentance than 6 years. He's in prison for contempt of court. I'd wager his sentance will be longer than the one for €1.6million of tax fraud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The rapist Anthony Lyons ; the middle aged man from Griffith Avenue who stalked the girl next door home, rugby tackled her to the ground & attacked her got out over five and a half years EARLY into a 6 year sentence. That is disgusting & worth starting a poll over.

Technically, that's not true. Lyons got a 6 year sentence, with 5.5 years suspended, meaning he had to serve 6 months. He was released after serving 4.5 months, which means he actually got out 6 weeks early. He got off way, way too lightly though.

Advertisement