Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boost option for heating water only stays on. Boost for heating works as nornal

• 26-11-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

hey Guys

I had a guy into service my boiler recently. since the service - boost for water on the controller stays on. The light stays on unless you switch it off manually. The boiler stops firing but does kick off again sporadically for a few minutes. possibly as temperature of the water dropped.

Boost for heating works fine and switches on/off as normal. I rang the guy who serviced boiler and he insisted a boiler service could not have that knock on effect and the controller must have went faulty. admittingly its a old controller. Basically if he came back he charge again. Though i find the whole situation too coincidental. Is there anything he may have done to cause this. such as opened/closed valve too much that i can undo/check myself.

One of the motorized valves looks like its seen better days and is quite worn. Yellow appearing on the outside casing. I wonder if replacing that may fix the issue. Its not a huge problem and i can live with it. but if something easy can be done to fix it then great

Advertisement