Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Pressure low - under 1 bar

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I have a Baxi boiler that's working perfectly. I notice that the pressure is under 1 bar.

The boiler is 4 years old. The installer showed me how to increase the pressure but I've forgotten.

I loosened the black valve on the left of the pressure gauge. Water started dripping out but the pressure increased. I closed the valve and it went back to zero.

Is it the valve near the bottom of the image?

120gock.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I have a Baxi boiler that's working perfectly. I notice that the pressure is under 1 bar.

The boiler is 4 years old. The installer showed me how to increase the pressure but I've forgotten.

I loosened the black valve on the left of the pressure gauge. Water started dripping out but the pressure increased. I closed the valve and it went back to zero.

Is it the valve near the bottom of the image?

120gock.jpg

When the pressure increased, what did it go to and how long before it went back to zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    When the pressure increased, what did it go to and how long before it went back to zero?

It went to 2 when i loosened the valve and then went to zero after about 30 seconds after tightening it completely. Before I tampered with it I don't think it was completely closed. I had to close it completely to stop the dripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

the black handled valve on the bottom of the picture is a simple on/off valve - does it rotate through 90 degrees? For it to be on the lever needs to be in-line with the pipe, if it's at 90 degrees across the pipe it's off (It's on in the picture)

The valve with the pressure gauge attached is a combined pressure regulating AND on/off valve. I had one on a boiler in my last house - from memory the black handle is the on/off component and the other end is a brass shaft with a slot in it that a screwdriver can turn. The tighter you turn the screwdriver and shaft (clockwise) the greater the pressure of water allowed past the valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Are you sure it's supposed to be 1 bar. I've a Baxi 28kw about the same age and the pressure is always a lot less than 1 bar IiRC ( in work so can't check current pressure) my heating seems to work fine. I seem to remember having the same concerns a few months after install and was told it was normal??

Advertisement