Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downstairs rads not working

• 05-09-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anybody able to point me in the right direction. Down stairs radiators are not coming on. Fired up heating system for the first time in a while this evening. Upstairs is fine. Single zone house working from an oil fired
    boiler. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

If there are no zone valves on the system check that the pump is running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

Glebee wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anybody able to point me in the right direction. Down stairs radiators are not coming on. Fired up heating system for the first time in a while this evening. Upstairs is fine. Single zone house working from an oil fired
    boiler. Any advice appreciated.

1st before we advise any further turn the rads of upstairs and just let the pump ...pump to the rads downstairs....turn valves to the right to turn off...no joy ....do what the terminator says........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Glebee

1st before we advise any further turn the rads of upstairs and just let the pump ...pump to the rads downstairs....turn valves to the right to turn off...no joy ....do what the terminator says........

Had a go at that and turned off all upstairs rads. No luck but now outside boiler will start up but will cut off after a bit.

Had a go at that and turned off all upstairs rads. No luck but now outside boiler will start up but will cut off after a bit.

open back up rad valves/

it could be that the pump is stook and only gravity feed to upstairs.open the vent on pump in boiler house and release the see if it is working ok . you should be able to feel or hear circulating.

or do you know if the system is sealed.a pressure gauge and expansion vessell and system low. poss but i would say stick to the pump issue.

try the pump after opening the rad valves and lets know how you got on.the vent is on the face of the pump like a 5pence piece with a large flat head screw.turn to left to release open maybe stuck.if not id say new pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If it has a room stat check its setting.

• Advertisement

aujopimur wrote: »
    If it has a room stat check its setting.

he said he only has a single zone.take he means boiler heats all.

he said he only has a single zone.take he means boiler heats all.

Yes. Boiler heats all. Can't locate this pump. Is it part of boiler?

Yes. Boiler heats all. Can't locate this pump. Is it part of boiler?

try boiler house pipe work. back in 30 mins;)

Glebee, it looks like this 67637_P?wid=128&hei=128&op_sharpen=1

But if you touch it before morning it will scald you, please leave the system to cool down.

DoneDL wrote: »
    Glebee, it looks like this 67637_P?wid=128&hei=128&op_sharpen=1

But if you touch it before morning it scald you, please leave the system to cool down.

that thing in the middle of the face of the pump reflects my description ...well done.

• Advertisement

Cheers for help guys. Will leave it till tomorrow before I look at it.

I have searched high and low for this pump but cannot find it. Could it be that pump is part of the boiler. Its a Grant type external module 110/140.

Its hardly in the attic is it??? Sorry guys but my plumbing skills are limited
    to turning on and off a tap.

It will be in the boiler case on the flue side.

Found it ok guys. Appears to be working when I turn on system. cant get to face of unit to open as its fitted towards the bloody back wall of boiler. A well, I think ill just have to get someone into look at it.
    Thanks for help guys

Solved. Two switches at the hot press were not turned on. No idea how
    they got turned off. These switches seem to control two "Myson Power Extra" units behind the hot press. Anyway when turned on, rads working downstairs. Thanks for all you input guys. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jr1984

I am having the exact same problem, i dont think the pump is working but the face side is facing the back wall, What were the switches in the hot press that you switched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A similar question lads/lassies.

I have one rad not working downstairs (it is a single rad). Have tried bleeding it and turning off all other rads in the house. Pipe coming up out of the floor to the rad is warm.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement