Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween-Don't forget the pets

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Johro wrote: »
    Are they bringing booze?

I'm sure they will if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

It's sad that i have to bump this thread but my cat's are having a terrible time and i have to say my nerves are badly affected too.They have started setting off some really loud bangers this week and it was quite since the middle of November.Normally around New Years there's just the few on the night itself i thought the worst of it would have been over after halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's sad that i have to bump this thread but my cat's are having a terrible time and i have to say my nerves are badly affected too.They have started setting off some really loud bangers this week and it was quite since the middle of November.Normally around New Years there's just the few on the night itself i thought the worst of it would have been over after halloween.

Have you tried a thundershirt for your cat? I know it might sound a bit mad but a lot of people use them for dogs and swear by them. I saw an ad for them for cats in a magazine yesterday. They're made by Petlife international and are advertised as being available from petlifeonline.co.uk. I don't know if they're available in shops in Ireland. Thankfully my cats are ok with fireworks, but if yours is very stressed out it might be worth a try. I'm not associated in any way with the product, I just chanced across the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Have you tried a thundershirt for your cat? I know it might sound a bit mad but a lot of people use them for dogs and swear by them. I saw an ad for them for cats in a magazine yesterday. They're made by Petlife international and are advertised as being available from petlifeonline.co.uk. I don't know if they're available in shops in Ireland. Thankfully my cats are ok with fireworks, but if yours is very stressed out it might be worth a try. I'm not associated in any way with the product, I just chanced across the ad.

I would need to consult with my vet.If he gives the gives it the okay i'll try it.

I would need to consult with my vet.If he gives the gives it the okay i'll try it.
    Its always best to check with your vet first. I have to admit I was very surprised to see them for cats. I've seen people on the pet forum recommend them for dogs over Halloween. I sometimes buy Your Cat magazine and it was in there that I saw the ad. If I tried to put it on mine I'd be eaten hee hee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its always best to check with your vet first. I have to admit I was very surprised to see them for cats. I've seen people on the pet forum recommend them for dogs over Halloween. I sometimes buy Your Cat magazine and it was in there that I saw the ad. If I tried to put it on mine I'd be eaten hee hee:D

What does the thundershirt actually do, how does it prevent the cat or dog from becoming frightened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What does the thundershirt actually do, how does it prevent the cat or dog from becoming frightened?

Video of it:

I honestly don't know. Its just something that I heard people recommending for dogs who are frightened by loud noises. Not sure if the cat version is a new thing or if it's been around for a while. I'm too lazy to google it today:p

Advertisement