Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you get your CO2 cartridges?

Options
  • 22-03-2015 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I picked up a puncture earlier today and used my last threaded 16g cartridge. CRC and Wiggle don't have them. Bike24 do and their shipping is a tenner. There was another website which I say from a previous boards group buy, co2cartridges.co.uk, but their shipping to Ireland was €20.

As the thread title asks, where do you get them?

I need 16g threaded. Are the various manufacturers of these things similar or do you find that some are better/less trouble than others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Search on adverts.ie . There's a guy out in Shankill who sells them in boxes of 12, collection there or reasonable postage. He must order them in bulk as he sells them very reasonably.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

quozl wrote: »
    Search on adverts.ie . There's a guy out in Shankill who sells them in boxes of 12, collection there or reasonable postage. He must order them in bulk as he sells them very reasonably.

Compressed gas containers in the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pie Eater

Found him. That'll do nicely. Question answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Can't u buy them in most local bike shops????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Swimcyclerun have a selection of them with free next day delivery:

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/pumps.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Swimcyclerun have a selection of them with free next day delivery:

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/pumps.html

Yes, they do at 2.50euro per canister.
    That chap on adverts.ie has them for less than half that price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

LBS are where I normally pick them up, either Thinkbike in Rathmines or Richies in Swords depending on where I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Got mine in thinkbike last year, not as cheap as scr or that guy on adverts but they've been helpful to me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

that adverts seller is super cheap!!! Thanks quozl!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yea, I know the guy you mean, I've bought canisters off him in the past so can highly recommend him, very honest and reliable source...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Pie Eater wrote: »
    There was another website which I say from a previous boards group buy, co2cartridges.co.uk, but their shipping to Ireland was €20.

This crowd and Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pie Eater

Picked up a box of 20 in Shankill over the weekend. Nice chap and great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Mccarthy's bikes in Cork have 5 for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just looking into this. I have never used a CO2 inflator before, and while I can see how its done, I just wondered what people's suggestions for the type to go for. As in everything in cycling there is a myriad of options, and costs. Does flow control really make a difference?

Do people just carry the valve & cartridges in the back pocket or the saddle bag, or do you mount them like a mini pump etc.

My plan would be to keep the mini pump (which is attached to the bottle cage) and bring two cartridges and the valve on the cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Does flow control really make a difference? .
    I don't know what that is, but the various inflators I've used have all worked fine.
    Do people just carry the valve & cartridges in the back pocket or the saddle bag, or do you mount them like a mini pump etc.
    I use a Genuine Innovations Cross Cartridge Holder. It takes up to four cartridges but I only mount two. I also have a cage-mounted mini pump which is useful to partially re-inflate the flat tube to find the hole (so I can check the corresponding place on the tyre) and I carry some patches in case I get multiple punctures. Saddle bags are evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Just looking into this. I have never used a CO2 inflator before, and while I can see how its done, I just wondered what people's suggestions for the type to go for. As in everything in cycling there is a myriad of options, and costs. Does flow control really make a difference?

My plan would be to keep the mini pump (which is attached to the bottle cage) and bring two cartridges and the valve on the cycles.[/quote

My plan would be to keep the mini pump (which is attached to the bottle cage) and bring two cartridges and the valve on the cycles.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/group-tests/7-of-the-best-co2-inflators-1351

Go for the Genuine one, highly recommend it.
    Two cannisters and valve into back pocket and off you pop. If you're on your own a very small pump should be brought.
    Put the saddle bag with your mudguard, bell, dust caps, dork disc in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought 6 x 16g Leyzene threaded cartridges in Decathlon (in store) a few weeks ago for £8 (around €11 at todays rates)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

My plan would be to keep the mini pump (which is attached to the bottle cage) and bring two cartridges and the valve on the cycles.[/quote

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/group-tests/7-of-the-best-co2-inflators-1351

Go for the Genuine one, highly recommend it.
    Two cannisters and valve into back pocket and off you pop. If you're on your own a very small pump should be brought.
    Put the saddle bag with your mudguard, bell, dust caps, dork disc in the shed

I have the sks airgun and to be honest I got it cheap so never paid much attention to the flow valve. That was till this morning when I punctured in the way to work.

Long story short spare tube failed had to patch puncture but in order to find puncture I had to put a bit of pressure in the tube. Enter the ignored flow valve truly a life saver this morning.

It is a sensitive valve though the slightest twist and air is coming out.

It takes threaded cannisters and comes with a handy bottle cage mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I use http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/ for co2.

They do larger amounts, but go in with a few lads and you're talking serious savings. I suspect this is what the lad on adverts is doing.

I use a lot of 12g unthreaded stuff for airsoft, they work out at 30c each when they're minimum 1.00e in shops. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price on co2 in LBS.

Advertisement