Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muggings in Caherdavin

• 02-12-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Warning:!!! People of Caherdavin beware theres someone going around mugging people in their Driveways, someone i Know just got mugged and some one else last week, people are badly stuck for money at these times and will go to any limits to get it. Person was seen driving off in a small car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Im scared! I live in Caherdavin for college, walk home alone in the dark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

RVN10 wrote: »
    Warning:!!! People of Caherdavin beware theres someone going around mugging people in their Driveways, someone i Know just got mugged and some one else last week, people are badly stuck for money at these times and will go to any limits to get it. Person was seen driving off in a small car.

Stop scare-mongering - jesus... firstly - that reeks of hoax, because there's no description or anything, secondly, no registration nor description of said small car.... c'mon... do better than that and stop posting vague details and then someone else replies "am scared to walk alone...."... ffs that is nasty to post and jack into others fears without any grain of evidence or concrete information....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Was it Bill Gates? I heard he regrets giving out all those 200 dollar cheques for chain mails, and is retrieving the money by force?
    EDIT - harsh I suppose, it's just one of these things where if you were to start worrying about it it's time to move or lock yourself up like a recluse!
    Throw us out an ol link to a news report or story or give a few more details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Stop scare-mongering - jesus... firstly - that reeks of hoax, because there's no description or anything, secondly, no registration nor description of said small car.... c'mon... do better than that and stop posting vague details and then someone else replies "am scared to walk alone...."... ffs that is nasty to post and jack into others fears without any grain of evidence or concrete information....:mad:

Im a 100% serious last nights happened just near the community center , i'm neither scare mongering or is it a hoax it was just to warn people of this take as you wish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Muggings in Caherdavin are nothing new though. I've lived there my whole life, and people getting mugged for phones/purses/etc is something that tends to happen every couple of weeks. It's usually the kids and teenagers though. I can't remember hearing of anyone getting physically harmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Muggings in Caherdavin are nothing new though.

I've lived there my whole life

Hmmmm - :p

- Lets not attack the OP for genuinely attempting to warn People, in fairness once warned People can make up their own minds and might just be a little more careful etc.

Advertisement