Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoplifting!

Options
  • 25-11-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Popped into tesco in coonagh on way home, great craic! Heard a big crash as i got out of the car, looked over and saw a bit of a scuffle.
    Security guard was in the carpark trying to hold onto two women in pj's who had apparrently/allegedly tried to steal a box of budweiser bottles. Girls were f'ing and blinding, accusing him of hitting them etc. In the end, i started to go in, but turned around when they roared away at high revs in a car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Hmmm, I wonder what sort a family they were brought up in?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

i dont think it really matters about their family...we make our own choices in this life....they apparently chose to be the scum of the earth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Bet if it went to court the security guard would get time and have to pay x amount to the 2 women and i'm not even being saracstic. this country really pisses me off at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Bet if it went to court the security guard would get time and have to pay x amount to the 2 women and i'm not even being saracstic. this country really pisses me off at times.
    Bet it was a nicer car than my own, but yet they somehow still have X,Y,Z paid for out of our pockets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

I used to be a security guard cant say witch shop but, the abuse you get is unreal then again i was doing the night shift, anyways one night 5 lads come and attack my co worker simply because they were not allowed in because they were drunk and had bottles, next thing he was hit in the face with a mobile phone charger and split wide open above the eye he then had five lads throwing kicks and punches, he threw a punch back and it connected the lads ran off, next thing he knows hes going to court for punching a 17 year old lad, the lads who attacked him never seen again apart from the one he punched who was trying to sue him, an him with 5 stitches in his face anyway the shop we were working for said they would not represent him in court as it would affect their reputation (major retailer) thats after 7 years loyal work, and also the licensing authority could have taken his license away if convicted this is a man with a family and the sole bread winner where is the justice in that just shows how being a good person in life never pays off, thats why we have so much scum i supose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The only answer is for people to band togehter against these people. If I had seen the incident in the car park I'd have gone over and helped the security gurad. Difficult I know but then if others had done the same these girls and their friends would get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

colm1234 wrote: »
    I used to be a security guard cant say witch shop but, the abuse you get is unreal then again i was doing the night shift, anyways one night 5 lads come and attack my co worker simply because they were not allowed in because they were drunk and had bottles, next thing he was hit in the face with a mobile phone charger and split wide open above the eye he then had five lads throwing kicks and punches, he threw a punch back and it connected the lads ran off, next thing he knows hes going to court for punching a 17 year old lad, the lads who attacked him never seen again apart from the one he punched who was trying to sue him, an him with 5 stitches in his face anyway the shop we were working for said they would not represent him in court as it would affect their reputation (major retailer) thats after 7 years loyal work, and also the licensing authority could have taken his license away if convicted this is a man with a family and the sole bread winner where is the justice in that just shows how being a good person in life never pays off, thats why we have so much scum i supose

I'm not 1 bit surprised by that story, it sickens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

name and shame those cvnts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The only answer is for people to band togehter against these people. If I had seen the incident in the car park I'd have gone over and helped the security gurad. Difficult I know but then if others had done the same these girls and their friends would get the message.

And get myself sued? No thank you. I am not an licensed security guard, nor did I actually see the alleged crime being commited, just the aftermath. If i aided, I would most likely be sued for false imprisonment, or for abusing someones human rights or some equally silly thing.
    The security staff would be insured against such allegations, I would not.
    Plus there was someone driving the car they tore off in, If i aided security, they might jump out with a wheel brace or worse a gun.
    Tesco are insured against such crimes, my life is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

wow to the above
    am friends with a guy workin for a big off-licence
    in limerick . he told me they were robbed
    5 times in a year in one of their shops
    one guy said as he was leavin "sorry bout this
    but it s the drugs sure you know yourself"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

phill106 wrote: »
    And get myself sued? No thank you. I am not an licensed security guard, nor did I actually see the alleged crime being commited, just the aftermath. If i aided, I would most likely be sued for false imprisonment, or for abusing someones human rights or some equally silly thing.
    The security staff would be insured against such allegations, I would not.
    Plus there was someone driving the car they tore off in, If i aided security, they might jump out with a wheel brace or worse a gun.
    Tesco are insured against such crimes, my life is not.

So if you, your partner or kids are being savagely attacked on the street nobody should help as it would result in an enormous inconvenience.
    If everyone adopted that attitude then the streets would be completely unsafe. It seems most people are completely selfish and the criminals know this.

The point I am making is that if everyone stood up to these people they would not have free reign on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

So if you, your partner or kids are being savagely attacked on the street nobody should help as it would result in an enormous inconvenience.
    If everyone adopted that attitude then the streets would be completely unsafe. It seems most people are completely selfish and the criminals know this.

The point I am making is that if everyone stood up to these people they would not have free reign on the streets.

Just to clarify, the security guard was not being attacked, he was attempting to hold onto them. A big difference.
    Of course if my partner or kids were being attacked, I would be in the middle of it. That is not what happened though.
    I am not getting paid to safeguard tesco's profit margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

i had the same job some time ago, i had several pointed out to me with instructions to turn a blind eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

phill106 wrote: »
    Popped into tesco in coonagh on way home, great craic! Heard a big crash as i got out of the car, looked over and saw a bit of a scuffle.
    Security guard was in the carpark trying to hold onto two women in pj's who had apparrently/allegedly tried to steal a box of budweiser bottles. Girls were f'ing and blinding, accusing him of hitting them etc. In the end, i started to go in, but turned around when they roared away at high revs in a car!

In my day scoabs would put on some pants to go stealing, now they are too lazy to even get dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I was assaulted a couple of weeks ago in my own workplace. Stopped two guys who were attempting to leave the shop while concealing items in their bag. Next thing i know i'm being lunged at with repeated attempts to punch my head. Of course i've heard nothing back from the guards, even though i see this scumbag walking the streets every weekend. You can be sure that if a normal law abiding citizen steps out of line then the law will come down hard on them, but scum can do as they please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

grenache wrote: »
    I was assaulted a couple of weeks ago in my own workplace. Stopped two guys who were attempting to leave the shop while concealing items in their bag. Next thing i know i'm being lunged at with repeated attempts to punch my head. Of course i've heard nothing back from the guards, even though i see this scumbag walking the streets every weekend. You can be sure that if a normal law abiding citizen steps out of line then the law will come down hard on them, but scum can do as they please.

Yes this is the society we live in. Yet we condone it by voting in politicians who will do nothing to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Fair enough your intentions are good BFH - But your logic is not realistic and your advice is bordering on negligent. Truth is that if the average Joe is assaulted/robbed/mugged in Limerick and someone else waded in to share the beating the rest of the Public would probably just stand and gawp before shuffling on home.....

- Surely we pay People a decent wage to police our Streets and surely those People would also strongly advise against vigilante type behaviours?

Not exactly related but here is a brawl on Shop St. in Galway where People stood around taking video clips on their phones.

Advertisement