Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soll blue slopes

Options
  • 11-01-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi All,

My wife and I were in Soll many years ago, when we were first learning to ski and would like to go back.

The issue is that from memory there was very few blue slopes for her (She spent most of week on the nursery slope at the bottom), I'm happy doing black/red all day but she's very cautious still. Has things changed or are we better just heading to Mayrhofen? We've done Saalbach and Zell/Kaprun to death at this stage.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

lots of lovely blue slopes in Soll! the home run is particularly nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Quii wrote: »
    lots of lovely blue slopes in Soll! the home run is particularly nice!

Thanks Quii. The last time we were there you had to get the Gondala down. When were you last there?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

big mce wrote: »
    Thanks Quii. The last time we were there you had to get the Gondala down. When were you last there?

People advise taking the gondola to avoid the crowds going down. As a snowboarder it's a pain as the top section flattens out. No problem for skiers. That run is a red anyway. There's also a blue track down that loops around the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

big mce wrote: »
    Hi All,

My wife and I were in Soll many years ago, when we were first learning to ski and would like to go back.

The issue is that from memory there was very few blue slopes for her (She spent most of week on the nursery slope at the bottom), I'm happy doing black/red all day but she's very cautious still. Has things changed or are we better just heading to Mayrhofen? We've done Saalbach and Zell/Kaprun to death at this stage.

Thanks.

Will she do ski school? She'll get plenty of skiing in if she does. There's a choice of blue or red run down to the village. The blue (family) run can be tricky in places for beginners, but has a lovely restaurant halfway down, so that's a bonus! The lifts in the main bowl have also been changed to facilitate beginners, so it's not such a steep learning curve coming up from the nursery slopes. You'll see quite a few changes if it's been years since you were last there! Let us know how you get on if you go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Thanks for your help folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement