Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Mullingar

Options
  • 25-04-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I am in my early 20s, and moving to mullingar in September for work and don't know much about the place just want advice on things to do, accommodation, gyms, clubs, meeting people etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

lots to do
    you asked a lot of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pinkywoo

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    lots to do
    you asked a lot of questions

Completely clueless about mullingar, well even areas to avoid renting.. Cause I have heard some parts of mullingar can be quiet rough

No rougher than other big towns imho, and the rougher areas aren't near the town centre.

You'll know a dodgy area if you go to see a house there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

pinkywoo wrote: »
    Completely clueless about mullingar, well even areas to avoid renting.. Cause I have heard some parts of mullingar can be quiet rough

Lakepoint and Petitswood would be two decent areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Hey in similar stituation early 20,s,a also. . Just moved to mullingar so social clubs during the week if anyone knows would be great. Plan on joining the gym too. Mullingar park hotel looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Stan27 wrote: »
    Mullingar park hotel looks great

It's an alright hotel I suppose. A bit sterile and too far out from the town proper really. Is the attached Chinese restaurant still operating ?

Stan27 wrote: »
    Hey in similar stituation early 20,s,a also. . Just moved to mullingar so social clubs during the week if anyone knows would be great. Plan on joining the gym too. Mullingar park hotel looks great

looks great, expensive though.
    depends what you want from a gym

what sort of social clubs are you looking for?

Advertisement