Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Deal or should I look elsewhere

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Not sure how you think that's a good deal. It looks more dodgy to me than anything else.

There is a Dell with a better CPU, double the RAM and double the hard drive space on their website for €499.

I'm sure there are many more better options out there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Not sure how you think that's a good deal. It looks more dodgy to me than anything else.

There is a Dell with a better CPU, double the RAM and double the hard drive space on their website for €499.

I'm sure there are many more better options out there too.

I forgot to mention that it comes with a Canon 3 in 1 printer as well.

I may go for this actually:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/ASUS_A1-S500CA-CJ115H/version.asp

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I forgot to mention that it comes with a Canon 3 in 1 printer as well.

I may go for this actually:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/ASUS_A1-S500CA-CJ115H/version.asp

Run a mile from the one in your opening post....shockingly bad deal. And that printer would cost about 30quid most likely.

The Asus looks grand enough, I have the same CPU in my own Asus and it's good. Plenty of RAM, and a lot of disk space. So it's not terrible by any stretch. It is a refurb however, so I just can't comment on what you're experience will be like.

Run a mile from the one in your opening post....shockingly bad deal. And that printer would cost about 30quid most likely.

The Asus looks grand enough, I have the same CPU in my own Asus and it's good. Plenty of RAM, and a lot of disk space. So it's not terrible by any stretch. It is a refurb however, so I just can't comment on what you're experience will be like.

Yeah I figured it was a bad deal tbh. It's already been bought for Christmas but I've been trying to convince my mother to send it back. How much do you reckon the laptop itself is worth? Surely no more than €450?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah I figured it was a bad deal tbh. It's already been bought for Christmas but I've been trying to convince my mother to send it back. How much do you reckon the laptop itself is worth? Surely no more than €450?

Unless I'm missing something, that link doesn't even tell us the model of that laptop, as there are many Aspire models....and the picture is a packard bell...

Hard to say what value, something like you said though. I would be a bit more stern about taking it back!

• Advertisement

Unless I'm missing something, that link doesn't even tell us the model of that laptop, as there are many Aspire models....and the picture is a packard bell...

Hard to say what value, something like you said though. I would be a bit more stern about taking it back!

Should have mentioned that I've seen the laptop and it's the Acer Aspire E1-570. Doesn't seem to be anything else with it outside of what I mentioned before though,

I've got a bit of a situation here again. I'm after ordering the N56VV (the latter link) but I think the X550CA could be a better choice and will cost about €80 less. Should I ask for a refund or will the N56VV with 6GB Core i7 run quicker than the X550CA 8GB Core i5?

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Asus_X550CA-CJ677H-i5-3337U_8G_1TB_W8_15.6_X550CA-CJ677H/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/ASUS_a1-N56VV-S4069H/version.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I've got a bit of a situation here again. I'm after ordering the N56VV (the latter link) but I think the X550CA could be a better choice and will cost about €80 less. Should I ask for a refund or will the N56VV with 6GB Core i7 run quicker than the X550CA 8GB Core i5?
    It depends but for most people N56VV.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It depends but for most people N56VV.

Well either way I've gotten an e-mail in the last fifteen minutes saying its been dispatched so I guess it's too late now :pac:

I've been charged an additional €17 as well for some reason and it's not for postage..

Advertisement