Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my wife flew to heathrow and back with a screwdriver in her handbag!

• 28-11-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

Couple of weeks ago I asked my wife to get a size 10 torx screw head in town and I gave her a similar size screwdriver without the indentation to bring with her to get the correct size. So last night, she asks me to get her mobile out of her bag and when I went to get it I see the screwdriver at the bottom and then it dawns on us she had been on a business trip to the uk on wednesday with the same bag and it's contents (typically full to the brim of stuff) :eek:. So is airport security really that crap nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Simply. Yes

Why did she need a screwdriver? Are you not good enough!? :pac:

What's wrong with bringing a vodka & O.J. on a plane????? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Better that then a Dildo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

sweetie wrote: »
    Couple of weeks ago I asked my wife...

You're a man and your username is "sweetie?"

• Advertisement

Actually, are you allowed bring a crucifix???
    A girl I know was watching the exorcist the other night and asked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I went through customs in Heathrow once with a knife in my hand luggage. This was about a week or two before September 11th so security wasn't as stringent as it supposedly is now but I was pretty surprised when I opened my bag on the way to the plane and found it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

What's wrong with bringing a vodka & O.J. on a plane????? :confused:

no liquids allowed and O.J. is in a detention centre I think so shouldn't be allowed travel... Hes not a happy drunk anyway i hear so best not to mix the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I went through Heathrow before (pre 911) with a screwdriver in my hand luggage too. No big deal really when you consider that they gave you steel knives and forks with your meal.

A friend of friend went to the States (post 911) wearing his brothers jacket. He didn't realise until he got there that his brother had been using the jacket while out shooting rabbits and had left some unused shotgun cartridges in the pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I flew back from Vienna whit a scissors in my carry on. I didn't know it was there until security pulled it out of the back after scanning. They just shrugged and put it back in my bag. EU customs don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've done this a number of time by mistake, twice with a small phase-tester and once with a large 10mm wide flathead {something like this one}.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I hopped on a plane to Holland without anyone checking my passport. Most of the big talk about security is just that. The amount of people going through everyday and the nature of air travel, i.e. working to strict time limits, means that they can't even come close to being as secure as they say they are or would have you believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I went through security with a knife (about a 3inch blade) in my coat pocket. I only noticed I had it when I was in the hotel room after the flight... but in all fairness they did check my belt for bombs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Actually, are you allowed bring a crucifix???
    A girl I know was watching the exorcist the other night and asked me.

Not on Vampire Airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Is she white?

MOH wrote: »
    Not on Vampire Airlines
    Guess i'd better cancel that Transylvania trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Just goes to show what a waste of time wimmins handbags are, they never have a clue what they have in there. Shame she didn't get cavity searched. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

i got pulled aside for extra screening in San fran last summer and later on the plane i found a scissors in my laptop bag, it was mine of course.
    Stupid 911 no knife finding yanks at their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A Customs guy at Cork Airport took a liking to my handy little €2.90 Woodies screw-driver that I'd forgotten to put into one of the suitcases, and asked me if I wanted to post it back to my house. I could tell from his slobbering that he liked the look of it, so I told him to "bin" it.

I often think of that little screw-driver and hope that it went to a good home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

my wife flew to heathrow and back with a screwrdriver in her handbag!

So is airport security really that crap nowadays?

The passengers would be able to stop her before she disassembled the engine in-flight though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

On a flight to Tobago, my wife took out a carton of SMA ready to feed for our daughter, the stewardess very kindly offered to open it for us, to which my wife replied, its ok thanks I have a pair of scissors here and took a big pair of scissors out of the changing bag.

The stewardess nearly passed out with shock. She quickly told my wife to put them away or she would have to inform the pilot :D

On a flight to Tobago, my wife took out a carton of SMA ready to feed for our daughter, the stewardess very kindly offered to open it for us, to which my wife replied, its ok thanks I have a pair of scissors here and took a big pair of scissors out of the changing bag.

The stewardess nearly passed out with shock. She quickly told my wife to put them away or she would have to inform the pilot :D

To which I would've replied

"The pilot likes SMA? Isn't that a bit odd"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

There's no way she'd have gotten through airport security with that! 'Business trip'? Sounds like you're gonna have to check her phone! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Flown Dublin-> Heathrow-> Zurich
    and
    Zurich-> Heathrow

With a penknife in my bag, only got it taken off me when going for the Dublin flight back from Heathrow.

2003 I think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

You're a man and your username is "sweetie?"

one can't pick one's nickname. anyhoo it comes from an irish film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

one can't pick one's nickname.

I didn't say anything about your nickname, sweetie.

Ah, who am I to talk? Most here people think I'm a girl as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I flew from Dublin to Sardinia with a knife in my bag. Granted, the airport in Sardinia was tiny. Still, I would've expected more from the Dublin side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I got through LHR with my very large kitchen scissors in my backpack.

Course didn't know it was there until my return flight from Dublin. One of the security ladies spotted it on the x-ray - she kept searching my bag (it has lots of nooks and crannys) - checking the x-ray again many times - and then eventually found it and brandished it for all to see as if she had won the World Cup :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

She would have got screwed by customs if they found that. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement