Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The idea of buying a used laptop

• 25-11-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Is it worth it due to warranty issues? Someone I know is looking for one and asked me to look into it. I've had used laptops always (ex demo and returns). you can buy warranties but I'm not sure.

I have had issues with machines though - never bad enough to return though.

If anyone can tell me what they think, that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

It's a lucky dip depending on age, condition etc. I have a toshiba satellite that I bought used four years ago and it's still flying. I just wanted something for general browsing and streaming etc., I also have a good laptop for work. It worked out well and was only half the normal rrp. You could end up with a total lemon that'll break your heart just as easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

There seems to be companies selling these with 1 year warranties (bricks and mortar stores). If something goes wrong with it, do they just lose their profit? That doesn't sound too bad I suppose if your selling a few of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Isn't it a case where new machines in shops only have 1yr as standard anyway with the option to spend more for 3 years?

Advertisement