Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strange tradition

• 28-11-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

I was talking to someone today and they said that in norway it is common practice to drink reindeer pea... does anyone know anything about this:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They were taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Sherifu wrote: »
    They were taking the piss.

No sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Reindeer beans actually.

Jaysus tell me this isn't true. What are my education tax eurons being spent on.

It ain't English for sure(despair smiley)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

poisonated wrote: »
    I was talking to someone today and they said that in norway it is common practice to drink reindeer pea... does anyone know anything about this:eek:
    google or wiki it and come back to us with an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Yes, it's actually true; but only in some parts of Norway mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Reindeer beans actually.

Jaysus tell me this isn't true. What are my education tax eurons being spent on.

It ain't English for sure(despair smiley)

im drinkin' p1ss right now ,ohh sorry thats kangaroo piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

In parts of Africa and the Middle East camel urine is considered a very healthy drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

r3nu4l wrote: »
    In parts of Africa and the Middle East camel urine is considered a very healthy drink.

In Ireland camel toe is considered a delicacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The active ingredients of the amanita mushrooms are not metabolized by the body, and so they remain active in the urine. In fact, it is safer to drink the urine of one who has consumed the mushrooms than to eat the mushrooms directly, as many of the toxic compounds are processed and eliminated on the first pass through the body.

It was common practice among ancient people to recycle the potent effects of the mushroom by drinking each other's urine. The amanita's ingredients can remain potent even after six passes through the human body. Some scholars argue that this is the origin of the phrase "to get pissed," as this urine-drinking activity preceded alcohol by thousands of years.

Reindeer were the sacred animals of these semi-nomadic people, as the reindeer provided food, shelter, clothing and other necessities. Reindeer are also fond of eating the amanita mushrooms; they will seek them out, then prance about while under their influence. Often the urine of tripped-out reindeer would be consumed for its psychedelic effects.

This effect goes the other way too, as reindeer also enjoy the urine of a human, especially one who has consumed the mushrooms. In fact, reindeer will seek out human urine to drink, and some tribesmen carry sealskin containers of their own collected piss, which they use to attract stray reindeer back into the herd.

The effects of the amanita mushroom usually include sensations of size distortion and flying. The feeling of flying could account for the legends of flying reindeer, and legends of shamanic journeys included stories of winged reindeer, transporting their riders up to the highest branches of the World Tree.

taken from
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3136.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

They do that in Ireland too, only they call it 'Heineken' here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The active ingredients of the amanita mushrooms are not metabolized by the body, and so they remain active in the urine. In fact, it is safer to drink the urine of one who has consumed the mushrooms than to eat the mushrooms directly, as many of the toxic compounds are processed and eliminated on the first pass through the body.

It was common practice among ancient people to recycle the potent effects of the mushroom by drinking each other's urine. The amanita's ingredients can remain potent even after six passes through the human body. Some scholars argue that this is the origin of the phrase "to get pissed," as this urine-drinking activity preceded alcohol by thousands of years.

Reindeer were the sacred animals of these semi-nomadic people, as the reindeer provided food, shelter, clothing and other necessities. Reindeer are also fond of eating the amanita mushrooms; they will seek them out, then prance about while under their influence. Often the urine of tripped-out reindeer would be consumed for its psychedelic effects.

This effect goes the other way too, as reindeer also enjoy the urine of a human, especially one who has consumed the mushrooms. In fact, reindeer will seek out human urine to drink, and some tribesmen carry sealskin containers of their own collected piss, which they use to attract stray reindeer back into the herd.

The effects of the amanita mushroom usually include sensations of size distortion and flying. The feeling of flying could account for the legends of flying reindeer, and legends of shamanic journeys included stories of winged reindeer, transporting their riders up to the highest branches of the World Tree.

taken from
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3136.html
    Oh. It happened in ancient. times?
    Ahh well that's grand then.

By the way, you're a witch and I will be drowning you later.
    If you float, then you are a witch and will be burnt at the stake. If you drown, then God will look after you.

Also, I demand a virgin be sacrificed to appease the gods.

Howth head used to be an active volcano.
    I'm fairly sure that if we drill deep enough we will hit some magma and can throw the virgin in there.

Ancient people did the most awesome things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Terry wrote: »
    Oh. It happened in ancient. times?
    Ahh well that's grand then.

By the way, you're a witch and I will be drowning you later.
    If you float, then you are a witch and will be burnt at the stake. If you drown, then God will look after you.

Also, I demand a virgin be sacrificed to appease the gods.

Howth head used to be an active volcano.
    I'm fairly sure that if we drill deep enough we will hit some magma and can throw the virgin in there.

Ancient people did the most awesome things.

ha.. sorry i didnt read it properly my bad...:o

Advertisement