Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Global Irish Economic Forum. Say what?

Options
  • 08-10-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

So, how many of you out there were aware of this Forum ....see choices.

( i think this is an after hours topic, as i saw no clear economic element to the forum , to date)

Are you aware that this Global Economic Forum happened? 11 votes

Fully Aware
    0% 0 votes
    Vaguely Aware
    54% 6 votes
    Say Wha?
    45% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

the who in the what now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Is this the thing where Dara O'Brian and Gabriel Byrne talked about how to save Ireland, then went for pints with Bill Clinton?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Is this the thing where Dara O'Brian and Gabriel Byrne talked about how to save Ireland, then went for pints with Bill Clinton?
    Was Dara there?

Bet there was free pints n all.

If nothing else, a great knees up for the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

A new name for a turtles head ,

BONO.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Wha
    ?

• Advertisement

Think Dara O'Brian was representing the London Irish & Gabriel Byrne was representing the Starving Artist American Irish

I just don't know of anyone who was there who was representing the actual Irish.

Think that might be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Think Dara O'Brian was representing the London Irish & Gabriel Byrne was representing the Starving Artist American Irish

I just don't know of anyone who was there who was representing the actual Irish.

Think that might be the problem.

Enda Kenny was!

:rolleyes: <laughs heartily, then cries>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

wonder who Bono was representin'...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anything that can help us get back on our feet should be welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No fees or expenses, makes a nice change.

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    wonder who Bono was representin'...?

Bono turns up at everything.

Nearly certain I saw him wispering tactics to Declan Kidney this morning on RTE.

Pretty sure I saw him firing a Heavy Machine Gun off the back of a pick-up in Libya this afternoon on BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Give Enda something to do. Be a nice change for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

U2's manager Paul McGuinness was also in attendance. He probably sees this as an opportunity to further his and the music industry's own goals more than anything else.

This greedy so-and-so would love nothing more than to see us all pay an additional levy on the cost of our internet connections whether we download music or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

looks like a gathering of tax-avoiding KUNTS to me

joe public not welcome

Advertisement