Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter in Rochestown last night (31/08/2014)

Options
  • 23-08-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was awaken last night at around 2am to what seemed to be a helicopter in the Rochestown area. Flash lights were coming from it too. Anybody else hear/see anything or might no anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It was one of the SAR helicopters and it stayed around seemingly searching Loughmahon for about 45 mins.
    I heard a story this morning of a crashed speedboat and someone but I haven't seen or heard any mention of it on any news sites etc. so whether it's true or not is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

An incident occurred out around loughmahon . However the man managed to make his own way back to Crosshaven with minor injuries . The rescue squad weren't aware of this , when he was located the search was called off .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

Good to hear everything was ok. Strange how it wasn't reported today tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It was reportedon rnli newspages and on their facebook pages.

http://rnli.org/NewsCentre/Pages/Crosshaven-RNLI-in-major-search-for-missing-powerboat.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

RWNS wrote: »
    I was awaken last night at around 2am to what seemed to be a helicopter in the Rochestown area. Flash lights were coming from it too. Anybody else hear/see anything or might no anything about it?

31/08/14 ??????:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

my bad 21st of August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

It was loud and a heavy machine !
    I looked out to see it cos it woke me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Heard on the radio today (Cork pilot) that it was someone making their way home after a night out. Passed out/knocked themselves out somehow after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

I saw a helicopter going around the Rochestown area tonight as well, around 11:15. I might have seen a flare too (or it could have been a shooting star).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

SandStone wrote: »
    I saw a helicopter going around the Rochestown area tonight as well, around 11:15. I might have seen a flare too (or it could have been a shooting star).

Yes, I saw this. There was a helicopter flying low over the Boreenmanna Road area, and it seemed to fly towards to river, and from what I could see, it stayed hovering over the river for some time.

I also saw a flare. I was on a run and I took out my headphones expecting to hear a bang as I mistook the flare for an aircraft falling out of the sky. Then, I realised it was a flare.

Hate to jump to conclusions, but I presume someone might have jumped into the river.

This tweet also mentions it:
    Low-flying search and rescue helicopter just flew overhead at McCurtain St, heading north from Douglas. High-beam spotlight.

Anyone know the full story?

Advertisement