Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST AND WORST TRACTORS

Options
  • 13-07-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭

Just want to know people's opinions based on your own experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Just want to know people's opinions based on your own experiences
    had a Zetor 8011 and every time i needed it badly, it found some excuse to stop , not expensive to repair just some thing slipping out like linkage or airlock or some dammed obstruction in dsl feed pipe, had to be towed to start when that happened ,self started rest of time. just when all those niggly things were sorted ,new linkages , recondition injector pump , hydraulic valve the power steering packed up , wife declared war,that damn thing has to go & it did.
    best so far mf 399,prior to that Ford 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

sandydan wrote: »
    had a Zetor 8011 and every time i needed it badly, it found some excuse to stop , not expensive to repair just some thing slipping out like linkage or airlock or some dammed obstruction in dsl feed pipe, had to be towed to start when that happened ,self started rest of time. just when all those niggly things were sorted ,new linkages , recondition injector pump , hydraulic valve the power steering packed up , wife declared war,that damn thing has to go & it did.
    best so far mf 399,prior to that Ford 5000
    Is their much difference between 390 and 399 massey?

Is their much difference between 390 and 399 massey?

imo a little extra power but for me, balance when drawing bales uphill, had the 88 mf390. newer ones are stronger imo. downside is extra weight on wet hilly fields can drag you sideways. probably go for 390t if buying again +weights
    .none of them were shuttle. id avoid first of shuttle.92-94ish .
    the 93-97 has perkins 1006 series and are rated at 106 hp around same as 398

nearly forgot trottle pedal in 95+models is in better location foot-wise than in my 91 model,saw a very nice 399 4wd on Cork done deal , if its dealer i think it is he's reliable.
    as well in those you have 4wd braking , in mine no, in 390 not really issue imo, but soon after getting 399 went down a fairly steep road 4wd off( no trailer), had to stop and it dragged back wheels a good distance, thought i had it ditched.
    a friend of mine who had 4wd Zetor 8045 and 12045 said 12045 would take off quicker as well,so i might be wrong but 4 cylinder may be more unlikely to need 4wd braking than 6 cylinder. but i may be wrong, anyway its nearly standard in most newer tractors i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Best; MF135
    Worst; MF690

• Advertisement

neighbour had 35X and traded for 135 ,said big mistake, [pto especially he used to cut silage with 43" harvester and 135 not as good so purchased ford 4000 and 185 , best two tractors ive seen bought secondhand, had 53" harvester on both and precision JF on 185 some tractors did over 14,000 hrs with both, first day engine on both when trading,

Advertisement