Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New golf club set

Options
  • 29-08-2014 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

HI Folks,
    I am trying to get a new set of clubs for myself, have played a few rounds now with an old thrown together set I want to spend some money on something else.

Advise on here recommends getting something second hand which I tend to agree with but I just cant find anything second hand... So my budget is prob 150 in total...what would you recommend for that money?

I will need:
    Irons, driver and a putter, dont need any hybrids at moment.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

look on adverts, always some good deals..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 arkslippy123

Adverts or some of the retails have good sets of irons second hand. Personally ID look for a decent brand like TM or Callaway. Their stuff is always solid and reliable. If you decide to upgrade you'd get your money back. Woods can be got for 50 quid.

Most golfers if you have friends who play probably Have a bag and putters spare to borrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Adverts or some of the retails have good sets of irons second hand. Personally ID look for a decent brand like TM or Callaway. Their stuff is always solid and reliable. If you decide to upgrade you'd get your money back. Woods can be got for 50 quid.

Most golfers if you have friends who play probably Have a bag and putters spare to borrow.

Thanks for the replies... I think I am going to go for a used set of clubs from a decent brand maybe along the lines of Taylor made burners

What are the name of the other brands from calla way, cobra etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Cona wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies... I think I am going to go for a used set of clubs from a decent brand maybe along the lines of Taylor made burners

What are the name of the other brands from calla way, cobra etc

Google should sort you out there.

Advertisement