Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Hand Golf GPS Advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

The sellers description is incorrect. That is a golf buddy gps not a garmin buddy. Friend of mine has that model for about 4 years. It'll work fine if the software is up to date but Personally, I'd spend a bit more and buy a new gps watch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If you got it for €100 it'd be a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

I have one, works great..

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Yeah I have one - nice bit of kit. Good deal at 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

as a side note, guy I was playing with the other day was using a free app called Hole 19.

Now I'm a golf buddy world owner, its great, but this hole 19 app was absolutely accurate, compared numerous times with mine, and best of all, its free.

think its relatively new but very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Wally,

A friend of mine was selling his golf buddy recently. Come talk to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

i would agree with searay and opt for a watch, i bought a bushnell neo watch two weeks for 130euro find it great quick and easy to use much handier than my pinseeker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    i would agree with searay and opt for a watch, i bought a bushnell neo watch two weeks for 130euro find it great quick and easy to use much handier than my pinseeker.

Can I buy your pinseeker :o:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Can I buy your pinseeker :o:D:p

you could'nt afford it jim:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

as a side note, guy I was playing with the other day was using a free app called Hole 19.

Now I'm a golf buddy world owner, its great, but this hole 19 app was absolutely accurate, compared numerous times with mine, and best of all, its free.

think its relatively new but very impressed.

Yeah I looked into that but I could only see it for iphone and I am on android.

• Advertisement

searay wrote: »
    The sellers description is incorrect. That is a golf buddy gps not a garmin buddy. Friend of mine has that model for about 4 years. It'll work fine if the software is up to date but Personally, I'd spend a bit more and buy a new gps watch.
    tigerwood1 wrote: »

To be honest I hate wearing watches. Annoys herself. She bought me a nice watch and I've worn it about twice in 4 years.

Offered €90 for the GPS and was accepted. I didn't want to spend too much and as long as it works ok I'll be happy.

I asked the seller to have it charged so I can verify that it will power on. Anything I should check when looking at it?

Thanks everyone for their advice

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

wally79 wrote: »
    Yeah I looked into that but I could only see it for iphone and I am on android.

I don't think you are allowed use a smart phone during competitions but am open to correction on that.

midlouth wrote: »
    I don't think you are allowed use a smart phone during competitions but am open to correction on that.

This was discussed in another thread basically phones are illegal if they have an anemometer, thermometer or club recommendation ability regardless of whether turned off. If they have a spirit level or camera that could be used in a way to aid players it is ok as long as it is not used in this way.

http://www.randa.org/en/RandA/News/N...g-Devices.aspx

Advertisement