Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Charlotte Olympia Gig

Options
  • 21-12-2004 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

If anyone is interested

GOOD CHARLOTTE
    Plus guests: The Explosion
    30th March, 2005
    Olympia Theatre, Dublin
    Tickets: Standing/seated 27.50 inc booking fee
    Doors: 7.30pm

Might be work a look in a small venue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

yay might go whats the best hotel nearby? as in the cheapest lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

They were really good in TBMC about 2 years ago, nice guys as well. I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Hotels are all pretty much centralised
    Most will be around €100 per nite for the room, can be up to 4 people per room but mite be a bit more it there are than many.
    Jurys Inn etc are the usuals.
    Check out www.cheapaccomodation.com/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Woooooooooo yaeh, I cannot wait, although they, like many other bands, have taken on a slight emo look for the band. I aint saying its a bad thing, cos I'm all for emo, but why do they have to venture down that lane???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

cos it sells and makes them money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Why do you have to get into image on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

coz the band are nothing but.....!?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Did anyone go to this last nite ?
    Pretty decent show i though. played for nearly 2 hours aswell.
    They certainly read the "how to impress a crowd handbook" with the "im irish" and "this is the best nite of the tour" stuff.
    All in all though was an enjoyable gig.
    (they even started playin a bit of Green Day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

Yeah it was pretty enjoyable; played too much from the new album & not enough from the 1st album for my liking. The crowd was a joke, thousands of 14 year old girls, so it was pretty easy to barge up to the front. Would've liked to see The Explosion support, but Angel of Mons weren't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I went, despite not liking Good Charlotte. That fact definitely took away from the experience.

The fact that the crowd was almost entirely girls was amusing, but I got stuck beside a bunch of absolutely intolerable ones, so I had to move.
    Being small has definite disadvantages when it comes to who gets crushed.

I was impressed that they played for so long, and they seem like nice enough guys, so my dislike for GC has gone down to simple disinterest now.

Faddymackshyte: they obviously just know a good look when they see it, although it'd be nice if they stuck to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I wasn't a big fan of Good Charlotte before last night, I was dragged along with a mate. But it was a great gig, they really surprised me, I wouldn't mind seeing them again

Advertisement