Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marriage troubles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Donnydont wrote: »
    Why would he want the other man to move into the family home? I take it he wants to live in his own house and continue to see his own children everyday and not change that because his wife had sex with another man.

I think you've misunderstood, possibly deliberately. Obviously I'm not suggesting the other man move into the house or the OP move out. But in the real world the OP's solution is not going to work.

In my opinion the OP's wife is making a huge mistake and isn't fully aware of the gravity of the situation because her husband is rolling over. If he is stronger I hope she will realise her mistake. This new man, or any other man in their right mind won't stick around for a divorce, custody battle, marriage and the shared responsibility of the four children, in my opinion. And where will the woman be then? She'll end up alone. She needs to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brenbyrn

Thanks for the reality check everyone - I needed it.

There's no changing our minds about our relationship now - we're done and dusted at this stage.
    Have talked it over too many times. Nothing to save and i can't see us ever getting back together.

I think it was just a bit of wishful thinking on my part we could stay together in the house - in a blind effort to keep the kids happy when i can see now as you've said it will just do the opposite. I'm sure as soon as things turned sour at all it would be horrible for everyone involved.

First night in separate beds tonight. We will start working out how to make the split over the coming days and weeks now.
    The sooner the better for everyone i think!

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Advertisement