Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4870 hdmi-tv audio problem

• 01-02-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this is better suited to here or 'graphics' but anyway.

running a ati 4870 gpu with hdmi out to my panny plasma.

the desktop is showing on the tv fine but the audio of sd & hd movies in media player classic is a) out of synch in the sd and b) skipping in the hd files.

had a google about it and i've disabled the ati external event service and i updated the realtek hd audio to the r2.14 dated jan 2009.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

whats your resolution set to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

screen res on pc is 1680*1050 & tv res is 1920*1080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

have you tried disabling the PC monitor and seeing if it works when just the TV is used?

Another thing to try is lowering the resolution for movie playback, or using a different program, like VLC. Presumably you have the right codecs (k-lite codec pack)?

Also check your TV Menus. It will either be there or on the PC somewhere, where you can set the syncrate for the audio in +/- milliseconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

so I tried the tv as the primary monitor last night and playback was still off.

I've got whatever the latest release of k-lite mega codec pack is out and I tried VLC to no avail.

While it's not a 'huge' problem [I stream via the 360 anyway] I want to try and get it working properly more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

vlc player has the ability to delay or accelerate the audio in front of the video i find it very handy as i use bluetooth headphones and the audio can be out of sync

• Advertisement
Advertisement