Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating need advice

Options
  • 27-08-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I don't know if this is the right section for this question but I'll fire away here anyways.

I'm living over in the UK just outside london and met this really nice girl! We went on 2 dates so far.. And seem to be really clicking which is great! Lots of back and forth messaging with each other between dates.

However what I only found out off her recently is that she is heading back down to university in Exeter which is about 3 hours from me.
    Now I really like this girl but I'm wondering is it worth pursuing with the distance between us and only 2 dates so far??
    I explained to her that I like her and would love to meet up again, and she seems keen as well but we now have the distance in between us.
    So just looking for some advice around this or to hear from someone that has been in the same situation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

A not-so-wild guess would tell me that she wants to keep seeing you too. Like in fairness, if you know you're going to be moving three hours away from someone very soon, you're not going to be interested in starting something up with some unless they're pretty special, right?

Either that or it's the complete opposite, and she just saw your dates as a bit of fun without the potential to become serious.

Nobody here can answer whether it's worth pursuing, but personally based on what you've written here, I'd say give it a shot anyway. What have you got to lose?

How long has she left in uni, do you know? That'll make a difference in the decision as well, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boomkid

A not-so-wild guess would tell me that she wants to keep seeing you too. Like in fairness, if you know you're going to be moving three hours away from someone very soon, you're not going to be interested in starting something up with some unless they're pretty special, right?

Either that or it's the complete opposite, and she just saw your dates as a bit of fun without the potential to become serious.

Nobody here can answer whether it's worth pursuing, but personally based on what you've written here, I'd say give it a shot anyway. What have you got to lose?

How long has she left in uni, do you know? That'll make a difference in the decision as well, I think.

Cheers for the answer! Ya it might just be a bit of fun it's really early so kind of hard to tell what intentions are.
    Well she wants to meet up next Thursday again before she leaves on Friday, so will see how that goes with her :)
    In terms of how long she has left at university.. She studies medicine and just gone into her 4th year which I believe is all working in a hospital, but like I said miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boomkid

Been a very long time since I posted this!

That girl became my girlfriend who is now my wife!

I just wanted to say a massive thanks as your reply pushed me to stay seeing her!

not sure if you still use boards.ie, but thought I would let you know!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aw, what a fantastic update! Love to hear it, and congratulations!

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

A lovely updated OP. I read the first post and was going to reply to you saying don't put pressure on yourselves. Just go with it for the moment and see what happens.

Nice to hear it all worked out. When you know, you know 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Goodigal

Oh I love a good update! Delighted for you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I was about to reapond saying it wasn't worth it after just 2 dates to go long distance.

Shows what I know, I'm off to re evaluate my life choices now.

Advertisement