Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

utorrent btjunkie external harddrive

• 02-02-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

pls help.... im a techniphob

ok so i have utorrent and btjunkie. i have downloaded a film. i have a cd/dvd writer on my laptop. is it best for me to use an external harddrive so that i can make a dvd of this??? if so what size will be ok for me as i dont expect to be downloading huge amounts of music / film

thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance o techno knowledgable :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

What kind of films are you downloading
    sets trap!
    ?

Is there any need to have an external drive? What size is your internal drive?

This is a 'how long is a piece of string' type question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

SPRUNG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

triona81 wrote: »
    pls help.... im a techniphob

ok so i have utorrent and btjunkie. i have downloaded a film. i have a cd/dvd writer on my laptop. is it best for me to use an external harddrive so that i can make a dvd of this??? if so what size will be ok for me as i dont expect to be downloading huge amounts of music / film

thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance o techno knowledgable :)

not sure i understand your question but i'll try to answer it. If you download a movie it will probably be xvid, divx or mpeg and you want to make a proper dvd that will play on dvd players you use convertxtodvd.

If you just want to put it on disc and want to play back on your laptop(or on a dvd player that can read xvid) you burn as data onto either a cd or as a dvd(you will be able to fit about 4 or 5 onto a dvd)

Advertisement