Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router Question

• 02-02-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question,

Was in my mates office the other day and he's a 4 port router, all ports are been used, He now wants to add a Network printer and 1 more PC to the network. He has another router the same at the other (4 ports) one,

Can i link both routers, Like use the In on the second router and an Out on the one already in use ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Sounds like you have two routers with built-in switches (very common). You should be able to use the spare router just as a switch, but I'd advise making sure you don't have the DHCP service running on the second one.

You wouldn't use the external interface (unless you want to create two separate networks, e.g. if you wanted a DMZ), just connect one of the internal interfaces to the first router, then add your other hosts to other internal interfaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

the 2 routers I have are the same. I think they are Eircom routers.

I want to plug one into the other as if it was a normal PC and use the extra ports. Kinda daisy chain effect

Advertisement