Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lighter/Power Socket not working

Options
  • 06-03-2014 4:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The lighter/power socket on my 05 Peugeot 307 is not working. I'm wondering what are the usual causes of this and is it a DIY job to replace if needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Fuse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Blown fuse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

roadsmart wrote: »
    Blown fuse

First port of call tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

As others have said more than likely its the fuse but if you are trying to light a ciggy it could be the plug in piece with a burnt out element. Either way its a DIY job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Not a smoker so only use for gps and charging phones. Probably a fuse but will see tonorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Ck819

I'd say fuse! Is radio working? Usually the two are on one fuse.

Ck819 wrote: »
    I'd say fuse! Is radio working? Usually the two are on one fuse.

Radio is working and according to the car manual they are on different fuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

There's also a fuse in the charger could be dat, and not your socket. Do you have a multimeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ck819

Radio is working and according to the car manual they are on different fuses.

Can only be fuse so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

something that is getting plugged in is blowing fuse,buy a few spare as handy to have,handbook should show where and amp,glovebox on left hand side maybe??

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    something that is getting plugged in is blowing fuse,buy a few spare as handy to have,handbook should show where and amp,glovebox on left hand side maybe??

Yes i checked the manual and thats where its located. Hopefully a few spare in there. I have tried different devices in the socket and none work so don't think its a charger problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

one of them is faulty causing fuse to blow.its very common when asking customer what they use it for lol

Turned out to be a fuse. Thanks lads for the replies.

Advertisement