Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Workshop Compressor parts in Dublin area

Options
  • 05-03-2014 10:57am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not vehicle repair as such, but repair related. My compressor has got to the stage where it's not building pressure to the cut off level. It's an oil free 2Hp unit direct drive unit from around 2000, NuAir, and has an oscillating piston that uses a seal that's made from Teflon or similar, 60 mm piston bore, so the seal is probably 62 to 64mm, and the inner diameter is 48mm. Nuair are no longer trading, so finding information is proving to be very hard. It's a similar shape to a hydraulic seal, and is held in the piston by a top disc held on by one central screw. SIP used something very similar on their Hurricane 245, but they have no stock available.

I've attached a picture of the seal, for some reason it won't embed online.

Anyone got any ideas of a possible source of supply in Dublin, there's nothing else wrong with the unit as far as i can tell, and I really don't want to replace the entire unit for the sake of a simple and (hopefully) cheap seal.

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭p.e.s.

Nu Tools , are probobly the makers of the compressor , you should try McQuillans tools in West End Retail Park Blanchardstown , Ph. 01 8025100. Give them a call , if they dont have the part they might be able to point you in the right direction

Advertisement