Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising

Options
  • 14-12-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Does anyone have any fundraising ideas other than the usual bag-pack, marathon, beard shave etc.

I have searched various websites and there really isn't anything new on any of them.

Want to do something that is big time FUN!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I volunteer with a charity and i am on a fundraising commitee for same. Last year we done a sky dive. We got about 18 voluteers to do it and had 2 full days of jumping(myself included) - it was an absolute success. we raised almost 7000 for the charity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i came across an interesting twist on a raffle recently; instead of all 2000 tickets being priced at €10 each, they were priced at €0.01 to €20.00, in 1c increments.
    you agreed to buy a ticket 'blind', and were handed an envelope in which the ticket and its price were. so the average price of a ticket was still €10, but it added an element of fun to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

i came across an interesting twist on a raffle recently; instead of all 2000 tickets being priced at €10 each, they were priced at €0.01 to €20.00, in 1c increments.
    you agreed to buy a ticket 'blind', and were handed an envelope in which the ticket and its price were. so the average price of a ticket was still €10, but it added an element of fun to it.

Brilliant idea!! I'll be using that in the near future!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Charity2020

I came across a guy doing Camel Racing in a pub in Dublin recently. It seemed to be very entertaining. Nor sure how you could make it into a crowd situation, other than to gamble on the Camels. Might be worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CJA James

- Hi Charity2020,
    I am starting fundraising campaign and I need lots of help. Let me explain
    I would like to introduce myself. I am the founder of Lisheens House.
    Unfortunately I lost my late husband Donal to suicide in 2007and I witnessed first hand his struggle with his depression and his fear of asking for a helping hand. I also witnessed first hand the devastation and wreak left after his suicide. The people left behind need enormous support and therapy. I have spoken openly and publicly about the devastating effects of depression and how we need more services and the cost of therapy is a contributory factor as to why many people who suffer, suffer in silence, especially in our current economic climate. I also feel that we need to erase the stigma attached to depression and to let those who for whatever reason are struggling to cope know that they can ask for help, either by phone, a house visit or at the centre. Lisheens House will serve West Cork and County.
    Lisheens House offers an accessible, confidential and free counselling service. We are there to help people who are experiencing thoughts of self harm and suicide.
    Our therapy is centered on compassion and respect for each person who will come to us in their hour of need.
    All our therapist are qualified, experienced and compassionate men and women who understand the complex reason behind suicide and self-harm. All our therapists are fully qualified.
    I have before Christmas received charitable status and I now need to commence fundraising events. I have a transition students in a school helping to create a website and facebook page so that is positive.
    I would like to ask you what is the procedure and rules apply to having a stand and collection at your door at Mahon Point. Please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Lisheens House

• Advertisement
Advertisement