Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stoves

• 12-06-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi, i,m thinking of taking grant boiler out of open fireplace and putting a stove with boiler in, looking at the olymberyl olive stove 11.5 kw , need to heat water and 7rads1is a double and room is 15x11x8 ft . anyone know if this stove would do the job,are they a good stove.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sinjim

Hi never heard of a olymberyl stove so not sure how good they are, when buying a stove you should bear in mind availability of spare parts in the future (will the company be around in 5-10 years? ) Going by your measurments you would need a stove of approx 8-9 Kw to heat your room and service 6-7 radiators (it doesn't matter if they are double or not) but then again its better to be too warm rather than too cold. I can from experience recommend the Waterford Stanley Grainne bit expensive but its a great job and your gaurenteed parts down the line, hope this helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jinky no.7

hi, thanks very much for reply , will take your good advice and take a look at stanley , thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doyledunhill

hi there was wondering i have a sitting room 8x5m and would like to heat bout 10 double size rads,what kind of kw boiler stove i need,do you know what the stoves are like imported in from china?thanks

hi there was wondering i have a sitting room 8x5m and would like to heat bout 10 double size rads,what kind of kw boiler stove i need,do you know what the stoves are like imported in from china?thanks

Hi your looking for a stove thats around 15 kw output to the boiler and around 7 kw output to the room
    Off the top of my head theres a Stovax Stockton 14 HB
    The waterford stanley reginald and there is a charnwood one i cant remember the name of but you'll find most stove companies do one near that size.
    Regarding the made in china stoves, it depends what your looking for, something that will do for 20-30 years or if your replacing every 5 years or so, again i go back to availability of parts down the road, id hate to have to remove my stove in 10 years because i cant get a grate or bricks for it.
    <Snip>
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

I highly recommend a Charnwood SLX. I put it in 4 years ago and it is fantastic. It takes up no space in the room, as it fits directly into the fireplace opening. It heats all the radiators in the house. See link. I bought it from Ryan Stoves outside Nenagh

http://www.charnwood.com/charnwood-slx.asp

• Advertisement

Charnwood do some good quality and fine lookin stoves

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bcool

I would advise you on the aarrow TF90B. It is around €2000 but well worth it. For 20 rads you will need at least 80,000 btus. This stove gives 4.5kw to room ( same as 4 rads) and 24kw to water.

Boru is an irish made stove and they also have a model with similar output and is cheaper than aarrow.

But beware this stove is big and takes alot of fuel.

bcool wrote: »
    I would advise you on the aarrow TF90B. It is around €2000 but well worth it. For 20 rads you will need at least 80,000 btus. This stove gives 4.5kw to room ( same as 4 rads) and 24kw to water.

Boru is an irish made stove and they also have a model with similar output and is cheaper than aarrow.

But beware this stove is big and takes alot of fuel.

Stratford is a beautiful stove and thats an amazing price, i've seen them retail for £2,000 sterling. where from if ye dont mind me asking,?

Unfortunately it wouldn't give enough heat to the room for doyledunhill and he's only looking to heat 10 rad's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bcool

sinjim wrote: »
    Stratford is a beautiful stove and thats an amazing price, i've seen them retail for £2,000 sterling. where from if ye dont mind me asking,?

Unfortunately it wouldn't give enough heat to the room for doyledunhill and he's only looking to heat 10 rad's

You must count doubles as 2 rads. This is a very common mistake.

Regarding price i got a quote from a stove shop in galway.Stoveman on donedeal.

I myself am going to install the new stove from aarrow EB 18 HE. It has a smaller output than the TF90B but it should be enough for my home.(14 rads and 9kw to room.

If anyone is interested aarrow will be bringing out a new stove later this year to match the tf 90b. it is the EB24HE. I have spoken to aarrow about this but it is still under test and they will not say what output to room or water it has , untill testing is finished.

Im in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 okofen

sinjim wrote: »
    Hi your looking for a stove thats around 15 kw output to the boiler and around 7 kw output to the room
    Off the top of my head theres a Stovax Stockton 14 HB
    The waterford stanley reginald and there is a charnwood one i cant remember the name of but you'll find most stove companies do one near that size.
    Regarding the made in china stoves, it depends what your looking for, something that will do for 20-30 years or if your replacing every 5 years or so, again i go back to availability of parts down the road, id hate to have to remove my stove in 10 years because i cant get a grate or bricks for it.
    <Snip>
    Cheers :)
    sinjim i think you should get your facrs right in the future, false information been posted on boards.ie can be very damaging to our home grown businesses. please take a look at waterford stanleys facebook page or website and you will see a advertisement they have brought out showing the manufacturing process in waterford stanley. there are appprox 100 employees working in waterford stanley and it is an insult to them that you are stating that they mare manufactured in china. fact= designed , developed and manufactured in ireland. aga who own waterford stanley have a major foundry in poland (europe, this is where most of the cast iron (raw material) comes in from , all the drilling, enamelling, stamping, testing,quality control etc is done in waterford.. example audi/vw is a german made car, yet one of the rawmaterials comes from ireland, the dash.waterford stanley do bring in the bilberry range of stoves from china which they dont market as a waterford stanley product, these are brought in to compete with the cheaper inferior products.
    support irish jobs and products and get your facts right before posting on boards.ie in the future.
    thanking you
    okofen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok lads. 2 things here.
    Sinjim , content snipped.please do not post such information unless you can back it up with some documentation etc.
    Okofen , please do not post directing others not to post. That is back seat modding & its not allowed. If you have an issue with a post use the report post button.

Advertisement