Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Sky finally going to pay irish taxes

• 11-09-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

I got a letter saying that from the 1st of Jan 2015 my contract will be with Sky Ireland Limited instead of British Sky Broadcasting Limited.

A solo check shows that a new Irish company has been setup.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Sky-Ireland-Limited-547787

i wonder will they be finally payong tax or perhaps taking advantage of our 12.5% rate.

do they pay VAT at present?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

irishgeo wrote: »
    I got a letter saying that from the 1st of Jan 2015 my contract will be with Sky Ireland Limited instead of British Sky Broadcasting Limited.

A solo check shows that a new Irish company has been setup.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Sky-Ireland-Limited-547787

i wonder will they be finally payong tax or perhaps taking advantage of our 12.5% rate.

do they pay VAT at present?

Your bills will go up as they will now be charging Irish VAT rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

evilivor wrote: »
    Your bills will go up as they will now be charging Irish VAT rates.

what VAT rate are we paying now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think you will find they are already charging Irish VAT rates, but paying UK VAT. Im near enough sure when there was a VAT rise in Ireland the subs went up to compensate it and there was posts on here regarding the cheek as they were paying their VAT to Westminster and not Ireland. Now I could be wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

snaps wrote: »
    I think you will find they are already charging Irish VAT rates, but paying UK VAT. Im near enough sure when there was a VAT rise in Ireland the subs went up to compensate it and there was posts on here regarding the cheek as they were paying their VAT to Westminster and not Ireland. Now I could be wrong.

Yeah you're right, I remember that.

There was outrage, Irish price increase but not paying Irish vat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I believe once you sell more than a certain amount into a country you must be vat registered in that country so you can be sure sky are paying vat here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I believe once you sell more than a certain amount into a country you must be vat registered in that country so you can be sure sky are paying vat here.

€40,000+ a year or something like that.

Sky definitely pass that threshold anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

No, its common knowledge they don't pay Irish taxes. It was always going to change from 2015 as they had agreed to start an Irish company.
    There's been lots of threads on here about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

EU VAT law changes. I posted it back in March but there's other posts from 2012.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89618027&postcount=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

snaps wrote: »
    No, its common knowledge they don't pay Irish taxes. It was always going to change from 2015 as they had agreed to start an Irish company.
    There's been lots of threads on here about it.

EU Vat legislation changes, nothing to do with agreeing to start an Irish company.

Vat is now based on the country of the recipient not the supplier from 2015.

• Advertisement
Advertisement