Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will argos refund an ipod touch>

Options
  • 16-11-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,I bought an apple ipod touch 2 weeks ago from argos 32gb for £189 and the screen won't come on and it's fully charged. I've tried the "hold home button and sleep button" thing that apple recomend and it doesn't work so i've decided to send it back to argos. Will they refund me? it's only 2 weeks old and it's faulty so it's not really my fault. I don't want a replacement as i bought an ipod nano there a couple year's back and that broke within 1 year :( I have the reciept still and i haven't used the headphones.

Thanks x

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They don't have to, they may only offer a replacement. But usually Argos are good with this sort of stuff so I'd be confident of them refunding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd doubt it. Apple aren't likely to accept a return from them without any effort being made to have it repaired. I expect all they'll do is send it off to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

My experience of returns to Argos is usually a good one. Did have to ring head office once when a printer was over one year old as the stores hands were tied by policy. Was sorted within 30mins. Also got a follow up call to make sure everything got sorted properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If the screen doesn't come on how do you know it's fully charged ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

If you paid in pounds, shouldn't you really be asking this on a British website as the rules could be slightly different?

That said though, Argos whether in Ireland or in the UK, are very good with returns.

Advertisement