Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong items delivery charge cost plus sofas advise please !!!

Options
  • 08-09-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi folks

I was hoping some one with a bit of knowledge could help me.I made the biggest mistake of my life buying from cost plus sofas after I was warned not to. As part of the deal I bought tabels . Anyway one table came with the wrong legs and the strore refused to open a box in the warehouse and give me new ones they said I must wait for more to come from china. Been the nice chap I am and 3 months later they have told me they Arrived . Anyway I paid 75 euro delivery charge when I bought them And they are refusing to deliver the legs stating that I must collect them 50km round trip as it not there problem even if they where the wrong legs and I paid for the initial delivery. I was going to contact the nationl consumers agencey to see if they have a legal obligation to deliver has anyone got any advice before I do would be much appreciated. And be warned they are without doubt the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with . Never again will I fall into this trap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I would go and get them yourself so you are sorted and your delivery is complete and then sue for damages in the small claims court. You'll probably only get mileage (if that) but at least you will be whole.

These guys are the biggest jokers going. I worked for a company just like it. No amount of swearing, threats or even polite requests will do you any good.

Also while you're on the learning wagon - don't wait 3 months again. That type of delay can be seen as affirming the contract. As soon as a company doesn't sort something out sharpish reject the goods and sue. Thats not to say you don't wait a reasonable time - ten days or so - but don't let them take this mickey either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cost Plus Sofas: Lee

Hi There,
    Sorry to see that you are having an issue and that this has not been resolved. Please PM your Order Id so I can locate your order to try and resolve this for you.

Cost Plus Sofas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would go and get them yourself so you are sorted and your delivery is complete and then sue for damages in the small claims court. You'll probably only get mileage (if that) but at least you will be whole.

These guys are the biggest jokers going. I worked for a company just like it. No amount of swearing, threats or even polite requests will do you any good.

Also while you're on the learning wagon - don't wait 3 months again. That type of delay can be seen as affirming the contract. As soon as a company doesn't sort something out sharpish reject the goods and sue. Thats not to say you don't wait a reasonable time - ten days or so - but don't let them take this mickey either.

YOu can only sue for a refund or a partial refund of your purchase price or a replacement or a repair, not damages of any type, in the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, I wouldn't hold any great hope of cost plus sofas sorting this out for you. they are a shambles of a company. after a litany of problems, inaccuracies, over-charging and faults with something I had bought there, I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager of the local store and copied it to their head office. guess what- neither of them even bothered to acknowledge it.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    YOu can only sue for a refund or a partial refund of your purchase price or a replacement or a repair, not damages of any type, in the small claims court.

Thanks I wasnt aware of that - simply sue for the missing item then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

sam34 wrote: »
    op, I wouldn't hold any great hope of cost plus sofas sorting this out for you. they are a shambles of a company. after a litany of problems, inaccuracies, over-charging and faults with something I had bought there, I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager of the local store and copied it to their head office. guess what- neither of them even bothered to acknowledge it.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

I have found cost plus sofas to be an excellent company I am very happy with my purchase I have not been overcharged , my sofa was faultless would highly recommend them and would definitely not describe them as a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dssherwin

I ended up collecting them in the end. As I said they are a joke. I Was warned and I'm sorry I did Not listen never again. Don't get me wrong the staff are great when u are buying And they are earning commission. After that grand and rude with a complete lack of customer service. But different experience for all customers but its amazing after I had the problem every one I was speaking with that bought from them in the past said they would never purchase from them again due to one problem or another . Guess u get what u pay for.

Advertisement